PDA

View Full Version : Laser "Magic Beans"

David Sacks
04-12-2009, 8:46 PM
Has anyone made Laser Magic Beans? - What type of beans do you use? - Any clues?
Thanks
David

Stephen Beckham
04-12-2009, 9:29 PM
Are you talking jumping beans or something else? Jumping beans have small larve in them and they jump to flip the bean when one side gets too hot.

Magic Beans with the laser - hadn't heard of them...

David Lampitok
04-12-2009, 10:07 PM
HAHA is that like having your name written on a grain of rice ??? You could open a stand across from the rice people, its a natural for anyone that likes to personalize fractions of their dinner ! But no really what are these beans ye speak of ?? I stopped in to see if anyone had any tips on engraving leather but now I am hungry

David Sacks
04-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Not jumping beans - they are beans that grow - companies are selling these with laser imprints, that the words show when they grow..

David Lampitok
04-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Well I'll be durned. Looked up the magic bean and theres all kinds on the interwebs! I would get in touch with a garden center to see about the biggest bean that can be used in your growing zone

John W. Love
04-12-2009, 11:21 PM
here is a previous link to an article about engraving on beans.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=103023

pete hagan
04-13-2009, 1:34 PM
I lasered a bag of lima beans for some elementary kids and they are great! I engraved the team mascot on one side and their name on the other side. The science teacher went crazy over it. I'll post the pictures when they have started growing next week. They were planted last Monday. I believe that they will germinate in a week or two so I'll have some pics then. The bean lasered very well with low power and they are fairly uniform in shape so if you are doing a lot just used a sheet of cardboard and make a little jig to hold them. I had to turn off the air assist because it was blowing the beans around.

Pete

The best part...sweet revenge for having to eat them as a kid. I burnt a few just for the fun of it:)

David Sacks
04-14-2009, 12:32 AM
I can't wait to see the photos - I have found the perfect bean - they are called "Jack or Sword Beans".
David

Bill Cunningham
04-14-2009, 9:27 PM
Don't laser them 'Human-beans' they get real angry:D

Dan Hintz
04-29-2009, 8:50 AM
Pete,

pics yet? :)