PDA

View Full Version : Being a turner, it is nice to have a friend that can work with metal.

Toney Robertson
04-12-2009, 6:29 PM
Fellow Creeker Dahl Troy made the following tools.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/iublue/Tools/DahlsTools.jpg

From left to right.

A SWEET pen press with adjustable block and piston from UHMW plastic. Don't mind the dust - I should have dusted it off before I took the picture.

A 9" extension for my beal buffing system that is just what the doctor ordered. It really makes buffing large pieces easier. As a matter of fact I don't even use my short one any more. I added the threaded rod, plywood and knob to hold it in place.

An EZ rougher clone that I just got a handle on, so I have not had much of a chance to use it but when I have used it it really hogs off the wood. Plus he included about 4-5 extra blades.

A hunter clone that really works on the inside of bowls. Nice smooth cut.

I am telling you, these tools are as good as any you would buy. VERY professional.

Thanks Dahl,

Toney

Mike Stephens
04-12-2009, 7:42 PM
Your a lucky man. Nice tools Toney.

Mike

Bernie Weishapl
04-12-2009, 8:47 PM
Great looking tools. You have great friend there.

Brian McInturff
04-12-2009, 8:53 PM
Toney,
That's a really nice looking pen press. Hey, if he decides he wants to make a few dollars I'd buy one. The other tools look pretty sweet too. It's always good to have good friends!

Steve Schlumpf
04-12-2009, 9:28 PM
Dahl sure does some nice work! Great looking tools! Have fun turning!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-12-2009, 9:35 PM
It's nice to have friends...period! It's especially nice if they are talented!

Congrats! You have a good friend!

Jarrod McGehee
04-13-2009, 12:36 AM
those are some nice tools and the dust just shows that you've actually used the press.