PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy's Workshop

Karl Gabel
04-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Hi all,

I've seen numerous requests for the contents Dizzy's Workshop (formerly hosted on PacBell). I copied the contents of the former site some time ago with a handy utility called WinHTTrack. I finally had the time and gumption to send them to my ISP via FTPCommander. Sorry - I needed to plug these two great utilities. The link to the site is:

http://members.cox.net/kllm4/

Click on "Dizzy's Shop" and enjoy! Great material - thanks much to Dizzy, where ever he may be!

Karl

jerry nazard
04-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Karl,

What a great site! Dizzy certainly has his act together.

-Jerry

Jim Becker
04-12-2009, 9:32 AM
Ya, "Dizzy" had some very kewel ideas and accomplishments when he was active online. I lost track of him a few years ago.

Chris Damm
04-12-2009, 9:33 AM
Karl,

What a great site! Dizzy certainly has his act together.

-Jerry

HAD Sadly Dizzy passed away last year.

Jim O'Dell
04-12-2009, 9:54 AM
Then Karl, you are providing a monument to Dizzy. Thanks for your work. Jim.

Bob Lloyd
04-12-2009, 10:09 AM
What a great site! And a nice way to pay homage to someone.

Tom Veatch
04-12-2009, 1:00 PM
I haven't done a one for one comparison to see if there's any additional content in one location that isn't shown in the other, but the location I've previously used for information from Dizzy's Shop is here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20031225063818/home.pacbell.net/jdismuk/

No intent to take anything from Karl's effort, but simply another location in case there's something in one that doesn't overlap the other.

Bill Blackburn
04-12-2009, 1:14 PM
HAD Sadly Dizzy passed away last year.

Nooooooooooo. I had no idea. I have searched for this for way to long and when it surfaces it brings sad news with it.

I always marveled at his work and tremendous attention to detail and cosmetics. Every now and then I would see some of his creations show up on Woodnet from some archives but it seems no one there knows what happened to him either. What a gifted man. And a tragic loss to WWers who have used his ideas for their own things.

I truly hope his thread link remains available for many years to come as an inspiration and as a tribute to Dizzy the man.

Karl Gabel
04-12-2009, 5:44 PM
Thanks Tom for the additional link. I may move the contents over to the archive site if possible. The only difference that I can see from a cursory look is the "new" link has a couple of extra entries for "Chest of Drawers" and "Pedestal Bedroom Set".

Robert Eiffert
04-12-2009, 8:00 PM
" Copyright 1998-2006 Dizzy's Shop"

I'd ask an heir for permission to copy and repost. It is his personal effort and creative work.

Httrack notes that on their advice page.

Karl Gabel
04-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Interesting thought - might be tough to do since there is no email link associated with the site. The intent is for ideas not to copy for commercial purposes. Geez - lawyers.

Ed Labadie
04-13-2009, 8:48 AM
Here's the original post from another forum.

Ed

"Rest in peace"

To all of our father's friends on this blog:

Our father, John Dismuke, passed away last week on December 4, 2008 from a heart attack. Thank you to everyone who supported and made friends with him near and far. Although we are deeply saddened by our loss, we are at peace with his passing and surrounded by family and friends.

John's daughters, Cristen & Ali

Joel Earl
04-13-2009, 9:06 AM
Thanks for sharing this Ed. I too was in the Dizzy admirer camp since I first saw an old picture he posted on how to enclose a contractor saw for better dust collection. That goes back some years at that.
His skill with metal fabrication was second to none.

Life is way to short .....:(

Jim Becker
04-13-2009, 9:41 AM
Ed, thanks for letting us know about Dizzy's passing. Sad to hear.

David G Baker
04-13-2009, 1:12 PM
I did not know Dizzy or know of him until this thread was started. I am very sorry to have missed him. From the work that was posted on the site that showed his work I would have loved to have been an apprentice working for him.
I can tell from the other posts on this thread just how great a person he was and how great an inspiration he was to many of you. We need many more Dizzys in our lives.
Thank you Ed.