PDA

View Full Version : Incra TS-LS System with Router Table

Tim Null
04-11-2009, 8:14 PM
Ok, this is a bit of a new tool accessory gloat.....

And I have a picture to prove it......

I have a shop in a one car garage. I also have a two car garage, but my wife gets that....LOL

So space is at a premium. I have been looking at the Incra TS-LS system with router table to install on my TS and eliminate my dedicated router table.

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered it. It arrived in several boxes, well packaged. The instructions are extensive and fairly easy to follow. The installation went smoothly.

I installed this on my Rigid 3650. I know, this system cost more than the saw. I will eventually upgrade saws, but for now the Rigid cuts well and is extremely mobile with the built in lift. I have to move the saw every time I use it and sometimes several times while making cuts.

I had to remove the factory splitter, so I installed an aftermarket one. Can't remember the name, but it is a small metal splitter, plastic coated with a two prong holder that fits into a zero clearance insert.

I am still looking for a guard. Shark Guard is working on one for the Rigid. The Excalibur won't work for me since I move the saw so much. As far as I know, it uses a floor stand.

So I got a Gripper system to help with safety.

I have to say that I am very pleased with the overall system. The fence is extremely easy to dial in to an exact measurement. Having the router use the same system beats trying to nudge my old fence and reference the hash marks on the lift plate.

I would definitely recommend this set up to anyone who is looking for a quality fence system. The router table as an option is great if you want to save space.

And it looks really cool, which is half the reason you buy tools in the first place.....

TimN

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h76/tnull5/197.jpg

Bill Huber
04-11-2009, 8:27 PM
Very nice.... and as you said it looks good.

I have never use a system like that, when you want to use the fence on the router do you just pull the whole fence and its mount over. Does the fence have a cut out for the router bit?

Tim Null
04-11-2009, 8:31 PM
All I have to do is remove the splitter, which just pulls out. There is a dedicated router fence and joinery accessories for doing all kinds of dovetails, etc. These just slide into the groves on the front of the fence. It is split, and totally adjustable. Even has a built in dust collection port on the end of the router fence.

Complete pics are on the Incra site.

TimN

Bill Huber
04-11-2009, 8:34 PM
All I have to do is remove the splitter, which just pulls out. There is a dedicated router fence and joinery accessories for doing all kinds of dovetails, etc. These just slide into the groves on the front of the fence. It is split, and totally adjustable. Even has a built in dust collection port on the end of the router fence.

Complete pics are on the Incra site.

TimN

Thanks, I need to go to the site and take a look at it, everyone talks about how good the system is I guess I need to know more about it.

Frank Trinkle
04-11-2009, 8:39 PM
+1 on the Incra TS-LS system.

Mine is with a Right Side Router Table, and the entire positioner can be moved to a different position on the rails at any time, as well as removed entirely.

Awesome accuracy and super easy to use!