PDA

View Full Version : 64-bit Vista Drivers

Michael Simpson Virgina
04-11-2009, 4:47 AM
OK I know that Epilog has one cause I have it installed on my machine. Does Universal have one?

Mike Mackenzie
04-11-2009, 5:27 PM
It is currently at M$ getting verified for signing purposes.

Michael Simpson Virgina
04-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Yipppy!!!

Any Idea when it will be available? Even in Beta?

Dave Johnson29
04-12-2009, 9:43 AM
Any Idea when it will be available? Even in Beta?

Er, Michael,

If Vista 64 will not run an un-certified driver, how will the Beta work?

Are you saying that choosing to run an un-certified is still an option in 64?

Michael Simpson Virgina
04-12-2009, 6:12 PM
Vista 64 will not allow you to install a driver unless it has been signed. Period. No other options. Also unless I was not clear. Unlike application software drives must be 64-bit on vista.

On non Vista 64 this is not the case.

Dave Johnson29
04-12-2009, 7:00 PM
Vista 64 will not allow you to install a driver unless it has been signed. Period.

Perhaps I wasn't clear there Michael, but weren't you asking Mike Mackenzie if there was a beta version of the 64-bit driver that he said is is awaiting certification?

>> "Yipppy!!! ... Any Idea when it will be available? Even in Beta?"

If there was a Beta version how could you install it since you said all drivers for 64-bit must be signed and I cannot imagine a Beta version would be.

That's what I was unclear on.

James Overman
04-12-2009, 8:54 PM
Hi Folks

I have installed unsigned drivers on Vista using the following method.
Also there is a way to self-sign a driver but I don't know that off the top of my head.

To disable the signature verification, just open a box Run with the keyboard shortcut Windows logo key + R.

Then type the following command and press:
bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON

Restart your computer and then install the driver that had a problem before.

Once the unsigned driver is installed, restore signature drivers verification. To do this, open a box again Run and type the following:
bcdedit /set nointegritychecks OFF

Restart Windows one more time so that the verification is activated.

Regards
James

Michael Simpson Virgina
04-14-2009, 4:24 PM
When a company gets software signed they often go through a Beta period. It still has a signature. This tests the install and distribution as well as the code in a customer environment. If the make changes they still have to resubmit.

I have tried the bypass method a couple of times and it does not always work for all drivers.