PDA

View Full Version : USB port

Ian Wilson (AUST)
04-11-2009, 12:21 AM
I have just received my Epilog 24 x 12 35 watt..awesome... got it for half price and just like new.

I have downloaded print driver from the net, had a guess at what USB PORT to use ( Used USB1) . Tried to send job from Corel to Machine via Print, Job doesn't appear on Laser Dash Board. I have tried aech USB port on my computer and can not get it to transfer to Laser Dash.

In control Panel> Printers and Faxes .......I have
1. Icon Epilog EngraverWin32 (Copy 1)

2.Icon Epilog EngraverWin32
Ready

After I installed the driver I turned the Laser off, had lunch, turned back on, and Compuer said WIZARD found new hardware I went thru the steps ( not as many as the 1st time) and then tried to run my first ever job. It didn't work .:(

Cable to Laser end seems ok but a little loose any way off checking its connected??

So looking forward to getting started.

Any help would be appreciated.....Easter here and my Rep is on holidays.

Happy Easter All.

Ian

Bill Cunningham
04-11-2009, 9:09 PM
Hi Ian; did you not get a crossover network cable with your unit? Your far better off running from the T1 than from USB

John Noell
04-12-2009, 12:21 AM
If you are going to use USB (most of us don't), use the one that was installed "automatically." You may need to clean out the queue (delete the print jobs one by one starting with newest) and restart to get it to behave. Or, delete both drivers, reboot, reconnect printer and use the one that it then installs. Best is to use Ethernet. When going straight from computer to laser be sure to use a "cross-over" cable or it won't work.

Ian Wilson (AUST)
04-12-2009, 4:17 AM
Thanks Bill.
This worked and I have engraved my first piece!! I was so nervous as it was timber. Will it catch on fire or will I miss the timber and engrave the table but it turned out perfect...........I am so happy.

Cheers Ian

Ian Wilson (AUST)
04-12-2009, 4:19 AM
Thanks John and I will use ethernet at a later date.
I have engraved my first piece!! I was so nervous as it was timber. Will it catch on fire or will I miss the timber and engrave the table but it turned out perfect...........I am so happy.

Cheers Ian