PDA

View Full Version : Technical Difficulty VL 200 30 w

kyna cass
04-10-2009, 8:34 PM
Hello... I'm looking for a little help again with my VL200 30Watt... Okay I've changed the mother board and the main wiring harness to this machine Calibrated the CPU... and it powers up great, homes fine, table moves up and down great, but when I ask the laser to do a print job through the VCP an error message pops up saying:
" Please initialize the VersaLaser's Laser watts "
I'm not really sure where I will go about doing that... Any clues anyone ?

Maybe one day I'll post a pic of something I've actually made with this thing and not always ask for help with my technical difficulties...I can hardly wait for that day !
Thanks in advance
Kyna

kyna cass
04-11-2009, 7:16 PM
Does anyone think it could be a firmware issue ?

Scott Shepherd
04-11-2009, 7:44 PM
I don't have that machine and haven't ever seen one, so I'm not much help, but have you tried uninstalling and installing the driver yet? That would be my first step. Wish I could be more help.

Dave Johnson29
04-11-2009, 7:46 PM
Does anyone think it could be a firmware issue ?

Kyna,

I am not familiar with this laser but it sounds like maybe the line colors have not been defined for Wattages. I have no idea where you would look to do that, but maybe in the Control Panel or in the Printer dialog in Corel.

kyna cass
04-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for your help....Universal Laser got back to me today and told me how to fix this error . Its a 3 key combination used in the VCP "Setup" window.
Thanks again
:)

Dan Hintz
04-13-2009, 11:39 AM
I had an interesting error this past weekend, preventing jobs from running (though the motors were obviously working). I have it written down at home, but in the end it required a specific key press sequence followed by entering a password into a blank box that popped up. Odd, but it resolved the issue.