PDA

View Full Version : Peeps

Mitchell Andrus
04-10-2009, 5:51 PM
My kids have out-grown the Easter basket thing, but i still treat myself to some trashy chocolate and a box or two of peeps.

Aged 3-4 days open on the counter for me...

Mike Cutler
04-10-2009, 6:06 PM
No way Mitch, They gotta be freshly hatched,and the pink peeps are better than the yellow peeps.:D

( The blue peeps are gross )

John M. Smith
04-10-2009, 7:03 PM
fresh... roasted over camp fire... between chocolate and graham crackers.

glenn bradley
04-10-2009, 7:48 PM
I like mine with a bit of backbone. Not stale but a little tough. Peeps and those silly Circus Peanuts are the only sweets that I keep eating long after I am done. Who knows why.

John Fricke
04-10-2009, 8:37 PM
ooey and gooey for me

Brian Effinger
04-10-2009, 8:56 PM
Just hatched for me. Although they are ok for a day or two after. When they start getting chewy, it's time to pawn them off on someone else. :D

Rob Russell
04-10-2009, 9:03 PM
Voting for my wife who says that peeps have be properly aged. That means she's serving peeps bought last year for this April so they're good and chewy. They also lose some of the sweetness.

Her brother likes to blow them up in the microwave.

Joe Pelonio
04-10-2009, 9:05 PM
I can't stand those things, and would like to add one more choice:

Bruce Page
04-10-2009, 9:13 PM
I had to Google Peeps to see what the heck you all were talking about. I’ll try to find some tomorrow and give them a try.

Glenn Clabo
04-11-2009, 6:06 AM
Peeps Show III

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2009/04/10/GA2009041001969.html

Rich Engelhardt
04-11-2009, 6:14 AM
Hello,
+1 to what Joe posted.

I'll pass on the peeps.

Belinda Barfield
04-11-2009, 7:30 AM
Properly aged and chewy, pink being better than yellow. However, the yellow bunnies are better than the pink - not sure why. Cadbury eggs are the best of all!

Kevin Arceneaux
04-11-2009, 7:32 AM
We are going to run a few through the Foodsaver to see what happens.

Jason Roehl
04-11-2009, 8:25 AM
They go bad?

Benjamin Dahl
04-11-2009, 9:00 AM
Glen's link is great. I was going to post the same thing but he beat me to it.
I like them fresh but my true easter weakness is for the malted milk robin eggs.

Mitchell Andrus
04-11-2009, 9:10 AM
They go bad?

No. Any you find under the couch are fine, Jason. Munch away.

Phyllis Meyer
04-11-2009, 9:20 AM
but one large Reese's Peanut Butter Egg works for me!

Phyllis:)

Brian Brown
04-11-2009, 9:53 AM
I'm with Joe. You couldn't get me to eat on of those things if you put a gun to my head! Now as Belinda said, Cadbury eggs.......Yummy!

Mitchell Andrus
04-11-2009, 9:59 AM
I'm with Joe. You couldn't get me to eat on of those things if you put a gun to my head! Now as Belinda said, Cadbury eggs.......Yummy!

Not in a box, not with a fox? Not on a train, not in a plane?

Angus Hines
04-11-2009, 10:33 AM
It's called "Peep Art" when they cool off they get really really hard and can be hung from the frig or wherever.

Yep I have way to much time on my hands....LOL

Her brother likes to blow them up in the microwave.

Scott Velie
04-11-2009, 12:11 PM
aged at least a week two is better. YUM

Ken Fitzgerald
04-11-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm thinking folks have been sniffing sawdust from exotic woods again...:rolleyes:

mike holden
04-11-2009, 1:47 PM
Far as I am concerned you are all eating them too soon!

They have just released the 2010 eating batch!

One year, in the package, before they are ripe enough to eat!

Seriously!

Mike

Ted Calver
04-11-2009, 2:45 PM
I'm with Belinda "Cadbury eggs are the best of all! "...caramel too!!

Wyatt Holm
04-11-2009, 7:53 PM
Not in a box, not with a fox? Not on a train, not in a plane?
Say I like peeps, and bunnies, and I would eat them in a box, and I would eat them with a fox.

keith ouellette
04-11-2009, 10:44 PM
My mother bought me those things throughout my entire life till she got alzhimers. I would visit her like I did every sunday and come easter sunday She would have a couple of boxes of peeps. For over 30 years I ate those things once a year. I grew to hate them. I started to think they were disgusting but couldn't tell my mother because I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I have no idea why it seemed so important to her to keep up the peep tradition. It was only once a year so I could stomach it.

I hadn't even looked at a peep in years. When we went into wal mart last week I saw them. All different colors and I told my wife about the peeps I had endured. I grabbed a 12 pack of them for old times sake.

I couldn't stop eating them. I'm going to buy a bunch more tomorrow and save them for next winter and try toasting them over the fire.

Jason Roehl
04-12-2009, 6:34 AM
Say I like peeps, and bunnies, and I would eat them in a box, and I would eat them with a fox.

Would you eat them while you mop? Would you eat them in your shop?

Dan Mages
04-12-2009, 8:24 AM
As long as they don't make versions that are kosher for passover. Matzoh is bad enough...

Dan

Bob Childress
04-12-2009, 8:40 AM
I would not eat them on a jet. Would not eat them on a bet. Would not eat them at the mall. Would not eat a Peep at all.

Would not eat them by a fire. Rather would I eat a tire. Would not eat them on a stick. Eating Peeps will make you sick. :)

Mitchell Andrus
04-12-2009, 9:00 AM
I would not eat them on a jet. Would not eat them on a bet. Would not eat them at the mall. Would not eat a Peep at all.

Would not eat them by a fire. Rather would I eat a tire. Would not eat them on a stick. Eating Peeps will make you sick. :)

Hmmmm... on a stick.

That reminds me, almost time to fire up the grill.

Kevin Arceneaux
04-12-2009, 4:33 PM
We ran them through the foodsaver and it very cool.

We used a canister. Has the vacuum was pulled and they expanded, but did not blow up. And when you took the vacuum off they shrank back to normal size.

phil harold
04-12-2009, 11:14 PM
One more vote for http://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=115370&stc=1&d=1239411922

put I do enjoy a peep show

Jason Roehl
04-13-2009, 7:41 AM
Mmmm...green Peeps last night. One regular, one nuked.

Bob Moyer
04-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Since Peeps are made in this area; we take them very seriously,

http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/all-peeps-2009-vote,0,7328666.htmlstory

BTW; Palmer Chocolates is also a local company plus a lot of local churches make homemade peanut butter and coconut eggs.

Kevin Arceneaux
04-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Further update - we pulled a vacuum on them and left them sit. All the air came out of them and they shrank back down to size. And when the vacuum was released, the almost were flat.

Belinda Barfield
04-13-2009, 11:22 AM
BTW; Palmer Chocolates is also a local company plus a lot of local churches make homemade peanut butter and coconut eggs.

Bob,

A number of years ago my SO did a lot of work on homes on Hilton Head Island, SC. He arrived at a home remodel one day and everywhere he looked on the walls there were paintings and prints of rabbits. The owners of the home were an elderly couple. They were sitting in the back yard in a swing, holding hands. My SO asked the general contractor on the job what was up with all the rabbits. The GC called him over to a closet, opend the door, and it was filled floor to ceiling with Palmer chocolate Easter bunnies. The GC said, "Did you see the couple sitting in the swing?" My SO replied that he did, and the CG said, "Son, those two would be The Palmers."

Jerome Hanby
04-13-2009, 1:04 PM
The Peep-mobile or whatever they call it was at a local botanical garden for an event a few years ago. My Daughter got to make her own peeps. No clue how they tasted, not my kind of treat :D

Mitchell Andrus
04-13-2009, 1:10 PM
Further update - we pulled a vacuum on them and left them sit. All the air came out of them and they shrank back down to size. And when the vacuum was released, the almost were flat.

That's odd, they're supposedly ISO 9001 conforming.

Phyllis Meyer
04-13-2009, 5:20 PM
That's a great story!

Phyllis:)

Wyatt Holm
04-14-2009, 4:22 PM
Yes I would. I would eat them in a car, I would eat them from near to far...

Belinda Barfield
04-14-2009, 4:39 PM
Temptation got the best of me . . .

I would eat Peeps with Cindy Lou Who
I would eat Peeps with Horton, too.

I would eat Peeps with One Fish, Two Fish
I would eat Peeps with Red Fish, Blue Fish.

But I would never eat Peeps with Cat in the Hat
My mother told me to never do that.

:)

Brian Brown
04-14-2009, 6:51 PM

Dude, you have way too much time on your hands!!:D:D:D

Kevin Arceneaux
04-15-2009, 7:53 AM
Bad weather Sunday!

Bob Moyer
04-16-2009, 7:43 AM
Brenda,

FWIW - Richard Palmer Sr. passed away yesterday at the age of 89.

Bob,

A number of years ago my SO did a lot of work on homes on Hilton Head Island, SC. He arrived at a home remodel one day and everywhere he looked on the walls there were paintings and prints of rabbits. The owners of the home were an elderly couple. They were sitting in the back yard in a swing, holding hands. My SO asked the general contractor on the job what was up with all the rabbits. The GC called him over to a closet, opend the door, and it was filled floor to ceiling with Palmer chocolate Easter bunnies. The GC said, "Did you see the couple sitting in the swing?" My SO replied that he did, and the CG said, "Son, those two would be The Palmers."

Belinda Barfield
04-16-2009, 9:04 AM
Thanks for letting me know Bob. I will keep his family in my thoughts.

Wyatt Holm
04-16-2009, 4:31 PM
Temptation got the best of me . . .

I would eat Peeps with Cindy Lou Who
I would eat Peeps with Horton, too.

I would eat Peeps with One Fish, Two Fish
I would eat Peeps with Red Fish, Blue Fish.

But I would never eat Peeps with Cat in the Hat
My mother told me to never do that.

:)
That's a good one.

Jerome Hanby
04-16-2009, 4:42 PM
DR. SEUSS EXPLAINS WHY COMPUTERS SOMETIMES CRASH
(Best if read out loud.)

If a packet hits a pocket
on a socket on a port,
and the bus is interrupted
at a very last resort,