PDA

View Full Version : Festool Gloat!

Dan Mages
07-28-2004, 7:39 PM
I just received my refurbished Festool jig saw. Thanks Bob!! It is a wonderful tool. However, there is one minor problem. The trigger lock button on the left side is not very lefty friendly. The button depresses every time I grab the handle. I will try to work on my grip so this does not become a problem.

Dan

Steve Clardy
07-28-2004, 8:47 PM
Hey Super!! Always nice to get new TOYS!! er TOOLS!!!!
Sounds lke you might have to come around to the right side of the world? lol
Nice gloat.
Steve

Keith Outten
07-28-2004, 9:36 PM
Dan,

As a lefty myself I can feel your pain, most of the hand held power tools in my shop have had the lock buttons filed away as I find them to be more dangerous then helpfull.

Its a right-handed world but we lefty's are better for it as we have learned to use the "Other" hand :)

John Miliunas
07-28-2004, 9:49 PM
Congrats, Dan! I think you'll be quite happy with it. :) Be sure to report back on results with the saw! As for that "lefty" thing...Well, you know: Each tool has its own learning curve! :rolleyes: :cool:

Greg Mann
07-28-2004, 11:02 PM
The trigger lock button on the left side is not very lefty friendly. The button depresses every time I grab the handle. I will try to work on my grip so this does not become a problem.

Dan
I feel your pain too. The only thing that soothes the frustration for this lefty is watching a righty try to do something with their left hand.:D

Greg

Dan Mages
07-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Yeah. Like when I make my father cut plywood for my shed with my new PC blade left circular saw (hidden gloat!)

Dan