PDA

View Full Version : Best tool in my shop - Jet drum sander

Robert Chapman
04-10-2009, 9:33 AM
I make furniture as a hobby using mostly figured maple. About two weeks ago my wife bought me the best tool in my shop - a drum sander. My shop includes - a Steel City TS, Jet 8" jointer with helical head, Craftsman 15" DP, Porter Cable 10" MS, Jet 14" BS, Powermatic 15" planer with helical head, Grizzly Edge Sander and an Oneida 2 hp DC - But the best tool is my Jet 16-32 Plus drum sander.

I pride myself on the good finishes I put on my projects - but my least favorite part of woodworking has been sanding. The Jet 16-32 makes it almost a pleasure. Right out of the planer I use 150 grit paper on the drum sander and 180 plus 220 with the ROS and I'm ready to finish.

Had a little initial trouble with the conveyer belt tracking on the drum sander and Jet immeadiately sent me a new belt - typical great Jet service. The sander now works flawlessly. Excellent tool!

Russell Tribby
04-10-2009, 9:52 AM
I had the same problem with my belt tracking on my 22-44. Jet sent me a new belt and when that didn't do it they sent me an entirely new table. My sander is now working flawlessly. Great service from Bobby at Jet!!