PDA

View Full Version : Corel Training Help

doug parker
04-10-2009, 8:39 AM
Hi, Any suggestions for corel x4 training. I need help taking a color image and converting it to an engravable form. Also, I am a decent drawer and would like to use corel to express my artwork on the engraver. My wife is also interested in engraving photos. This may be asking alot but I am a quick learner, I just dont have the time to fumble my way through the learning process. Thanks, Doug

Anthony Scira
04-10-2009, 8:58 AM
Check out this guys free videos.

I have his set and it is really awesome and worth the money.

http://www.advancedartist.com/

Mark Winlund
04-10-2009, 9:40 AM
Hi, Any suggestions for corel x4 training. I need help taking a color image and converting it to an engravable form. Also, I am a decent drawer and would like to use corel to express my artwork on the engraver. My wife is also interested in engraving photos. This may be asking alot but I am a quick learner, I just dont have the time to fumble my way through the learning process. Thanks, Doug

Well, I think that most experienced users of Corel will tell you that it is a slow process. I have used Corel since the "Headline" days (before Corel Draw version one) and can tell you it is not an easy path. I am still learning aspects of it after 25 years. "Taking a color image and converting it to an engravable form" is easy to say, but involves serious study. Perhaps you should consider going into sublimation instead. The learning curve is a lot faster.

Mark

Scott Shepherd
04-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Another vote for advancedartists.com. He has a 5 course set on 2 DVD's that cover all sorts of things from the most basic to more advanced, artistic things.

Well worth the money.

Dave Johnson29
04-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Any suggestions for corel x4 training.

Hi Doug,

I assume you have watched all the videos on the X4-DVD?

For artwork, you might want to look into a graphics tablet. The guy who made the videos on the X4-DVD uses one that has the screen picture on the tablet work area. It looks like a cool thing. If I had an artistic bone in my body I would have one even at the $1K cost.