PDA

View Full Version : A couple pens

Jon Lanier
04-09-2009, 10:13 PM
I've not had much time to turn lately... but I did get a couple of pens done. One is an Acrylic jr. gent. I don't like acrylics with these kits, but it was an order.

The other is one of 4 Eagle Scout Pens I did for some friends. Curly Maple with the logo on bottom of the pen (Proud to be an Eagle Scout).

On the top of the pen on the sides is "Legacy of Honor" and their name on the other side.

Bernie Weishapl
04-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Jon those are beauties. Well done.

Steve Schlumpf
04-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Very nice work Jon! Really like the curly! Hope you get lots more orders soon!

Matt Murphy
04-10-2009, 4:42 AM
Jon,
Looks great! Could you show more of the Eagle Scout pens? Being an Eagle Scout myself they peaked my interest.

Thanks

Jeff Nicol
04-10-2009, 6:31 AM
Jon, YOur pens have such wonderful finish and the overlays always make the pen "POP" and give them some personal connection for the user. As I always say more things to get working on and get into the pen game more!

Keep on sharing your great works,

Jeff

Don Carter
04-10-2009, 11:01 AM
As always, Jon, great looking pens. Are those done with the decal method?

Jon Lanier
04-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Jon,
Looks great! Could you show more of the Eagle Scout pens? Being an Eagle Scout myself they peaked my interest.

Thanks

awww Sorry, I gave them to the owners already. I took a few more pics but they had come out blurry. I can put those up if you want.

Thanks everyone!

Jon Lanier
04-10-2009, 12:52 PM
As always, Jon, great looking pens. Are those done with the decal method?

Yes, those are the clear decal method. I did have a little problem with the logo staying down as it was wrapped. So I added an extra step. I just took some this CA and wiped down over the decal to make it stay in place and let it dry before putting the finish on the lathe.