PDA

View Full Version : Error in Blum Catalog? 568 series Tandem slides

Jim Kaczmark
04-09-2009, 8:47 PM
One of my cabinet designs requires a longer slide versus the Tandem 562 series slides used on the majority of my cabinets. The system screw locations are critical one one slide. From Blum's Tandem catalog the "B" system screw locations don't seem to make sense when comparing the 562 to the 568 Tandem slide specs.

On the lighter & shorter 562H series, the longer the slide, the further from the front of the slide the rear hole set is (the "B" measurement in their spec documents). Conversly, on the 568 series, this "B" measure initially starts to get longer as the length of the slide increases, but then it jumps back to 15-5/16" for the 24", 27" and 30" slides. I was thinking of using the 27" 568.6860B slide, but don't yet have an actual slide to take a look at. Is this measure correct? Are there not any holes in the last half of the slide for the 27" and 30" slides as the spec sheet seems to lay out? If so, how far from the front is the "B" measurement, or last hole from the front of the slide?

Your help will be appreciated... I'd like to get the cabinet designed this weekend, but just missed calling the Blum customer support number before they closed for the long holiday weekend. Hopefully the creekers will come to my rescue.

Thank you,
Jim Kaczmark