PDA

View Full Version : Here's what we build

Gary Max
07-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Since we are new I thought that I would get you folks a couple pics of our stuff.
We are building this stuff for folks that like that Log Cabin style of furniture.
Most of our items are one of a kind and orginal. Hope you enjoy looking. Thanks

Donnie Raines
07-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Very nice....very appropriate for your buyers. :cool:

Don Selke
07-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Very nice Gary:
What type of material are you guys using. Been fishing in your State and did some camping when we lived in Illinois. My daughter lives just north of you in Indiana. Keep up the nice work.

John Miliunas
07-28-2004, 1:29 PM
Hey, that's some pretty neat stuff, Gary! :) Whew...For some of those pieces, I can certainly understand where one wouldn't want to be building out of Oak or something like that! :eek: Nice job and good luck with your upcoming show! :cool:

Gary Max
07-28-2004, 1:52 PM
Just about everything is Cedar. Some folks only know me as the Cedar Guy---kinda funny.
The wife is useing a Marine grade poly with a high UV gaurd---runs about $35.00 a gallon. Cedar has a natural oil called Pectin---not just anything will stick.
Oh John thanks for the good thoughts we need a good show.

Michael Ballent
07-28-2004, 3:53 PM
Very nice!!! I like the way you keep the sapwood along with the heartwood the contrast between the two complements the furniture. I guess with all the cedar you use in the shop, there are very few critters running around ;)

Jim Becker
07-28-2004, 9:08 PM
Those natural edge stools are precious! "Lepreuchan" material! Nice furniture and yes, perfect for your stated clientel. Thanks for sharing!

Jim Ketron
07-28-2004, 10:14 PM
Thats some AWESOME furniture
How long do you have to let the wood dry before making it into furniture?
Jim

Charles McKinley
07-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Very Nice Gary,

I really like the benches and stools with the sap wood.

Gary Max
07-29-2004, 4:46 AM
Thanks for all the kind words---we love building this stuff.
Jim alot of the trick with drying this wood is buying the right stuff to begin with.
I think about what time of year I get it---how the log looks sap wood compared to heart wood. If you look at the second pic you will see a fern table that is in the very center of the pic. That tree died standing and had almost no sapwood at all. But as a rule this bigger stuff is aired dried for at least a year and alot of it even longer.

Gary Whitt
07-29-2004, 8:03 AM
Great stuff, Gary!!

Kelly C. Hanna
07-29-2004, 9:49 AM
I like Cedar furniture a lot. I told my wife when her investments get big enough we are going to build a log cabin and furnish it with Mountain style furniture...may have to give you call.

Gary Max
07-29-2004, 1:14 PM
Kelly --you will like this. We do a show in Aug--7th-14 that is called the 127 Corridor flea market. It is billed as the longest flea market in the world. 450 miles from Earlanger Ky to Gadsen Ala. Anyway folks from all over the country come to the thing. We send more of this furniture back to Texas than any other state. One guy said it was because they like things bigger in Texas. If you ever need anything just give us a shout.