PDA

View Full Version : Minimial Help with lathes

Jerry Conway
04-09-2009, 4:34 PM
Have recently aquired two 3 foot lathes. Rockwell and a Delta they run and partially work! Have woodworked for years but would care for guidance. One needs tool rest the other needs a tang on tail stock and of course every thing else like toolage. If some kind generous soul (s) care to visit thru this forum I would supply those who would with materials in exchange, I am an arborist and have access to our regions burls, wood (Mesquite- Pecan- Bodarc or whatever Texas natives are here) and the like to swap for helping locate( you not buying) and guiding the fast track for these machines.Contact me anyway or time comfortable for you. Jerry Conway 210-859-8910 or jwaycon@hotmail.com

Jeff Nicol
04-09-2009, 4:48 PM
Have recently aquired two 3 foot lathes. Rockwell and a Delta they run and partially work! Have woodworked for years but would care for guidance. One needs tool rest the other needs a tang on tail stock and of course every thing else like toolage. If some kind generous soul (s) care to visit thru this forum I would supply those who would with materials in exchange, I am an arborist and have access to our regions burls, wood (Mesquite- Pecan- Bodarc or whatever Texas natives are here) and the like to swap for helping locate( you not buying) and guiding the fast track for these machines.Contact me anyway or time comfortable for you. Jerry Conway 210-859-8910 or jwaycon@hotmail.com
Jerry, I wish I lived in your neck of the woods as I would love to have some of the woods you mentioned! Send me a PM and some pictures and I will see what I can reccomend from here in Wisconsin. Send or post everything you have in pictures and the answers will come.

Good luck,

Jeff

Harvey M. Taylor
04-09-2009, 6:43 PM
Dont think you can beat a deal like that. Max

Richard Madison
04-09-2009, 7:28 PM
Jerry,
There's a turning club in San Antonio but not sure if AAW affiliated. Check the AAW forum for list of clubs. One of their members would surely be glad to help. If I were a little closer, would be glad to help.