PDA

View Full Version : Homeowner Subdivision Sinage

Jerry Conway
04-09-2009, 4:26 PM
My subdivision needs to communicate with each other. I've agreed to develop a complex of community sinage. Able to build nearly anything out of available materials, I wish to find guidance from some generous member(s)of this forum to approach the Board of Defectives for funds to process this project. Any help is wanted with a plan. Jerry Conway

Shawn Christ
04-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Sounds like a good project. I'd say the signage will keep you busy for a while. My advice: make sure you ask the municipality if signs are allowed in your subdivision and for any applicable regulations BEFORE you begin. Sign size, height, location, and style are often limited, for good reason.

Good luck!!

Joe Pelonio
04-10-2009, 6:58 AM
I have done a couple of these. The first was a nice wood frame with shingled roof where the "sign" part was just a flat sheet of painted MDO. They go to Kinko's and have paper signs printed and laminated to attach with push pins as needed.

On the other I installed a frame with two eyescrews on the top crossbar and
two more low on the side posts. Then I made corrugated plastic signs, two sided, for their regular events and reminders, with grommets at the locations to match up with the eyescrews. They are attached with zip ties as needed.