PDA

View Full Version : Old English Engraving Font

Relletta Palamaris
04-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Hello all! First time poster here. Typically I get all the help I need from reading the posts and I laways thought it would be for the laser but I need a old english font for the rotary go figure...:rolleyes:

It seems to be a fun and imformative group, I look forward to hearing from you.

Mindy

Ross Strickland
04-09-2009, 2:38 PM
Try free fonts.com all kinds free about 6000 of them

Relletta Palamaris
04-09-2009, 3:00 PM
No luck with that engraving font, but thank you for the suggestion

Mindy

Tony Lenkic
04-09-2009, 3:30 PM
Will you be rotary engraving or lasering?

If you have a rotary machine usually manufacturers include that font with number of other fonts. I have it for Xenetech machine but it will do you no good if you do not have machine the font is written for.

jack Halley
04-09-2009, 4:07 PM
the font name is temporal at:
h ttp://new.myfonts.com/fonts/ephemera/temporal/regular/

Mike Null
04-09-2009, 7:50 PM
If you intend to rotary engrave then you'll have to get the font from your engraving machine mfr. or try to create what you need in Corel and export it as a plt or eps file.

Conrad Fiore
04-10-2009, 8:20 AM
It's an exact match for "English 3 Line" in the Xenetech rotary fonts.

Mark Winlund
04-10-2009, 9:56 AM
One thing you might do is to include what machines you have in your signature. It would save you and the group a lot of time. Those with similar machines would respond quickly.

Most machines have open software, allowing the exchange of fonts. The major exception to this are the New Hermes machines. It is why they frequently show up for sale in the Engraver's Journal. There is a company that specializes in fonts and logos for most machines.... it is called Lamro Sales:

http://www.lamro.com/

Mark

Relletta Palamaris
04-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the help and suggestions, I use a roland egx 300 and a universal m-300 laser 25w. I had a feeling it was the font provided with a different machine I use engravelab with the rotary and know those fonts aren't usable for others I think at this point I will just redo the whole plate since there are only 7 prior years on it and go from there.

Thanks again - is there a place to make your signature with info or do you just need type it in everytime?

Mindy

Dan Hintz
04-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Top left, "User CP". Middle left, "Edit Signature".