PDA

View Full Version : It's a Conspiracy!

Rod Sheridan
04-09-2009, 12:04 PM
to separate me from my money.

I received an e-mail from Felder Machinery Imports, in Winnipeg Manitoba.

They are now an authorised Festool dealer.

It's a clever plot I tell you, if they start selling Lee Valley items that will prove it for sure.

I must resist.........I must resist..........I must resi......

Regards, Rod.

Paul Ryan
04-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Rod,

I think all of us suffer from the same syndrome. I need help too.........

Ray Dockrey
04-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi,

My name is Ray and I am addicted to power tools

Eric Roberge
04-09-2009, 3:39 PM
Welcome Ray:D

Steve Rozmiarek
04-09-2009, 3:39 PM
Rod, did you get the one about the tooling sale? :D

Frank Trinkle
04-09-2009, 3:42 PM
No.. the REAL conspiracy is people putting up stuff in the Classifieds here on the Creek for reasonably low pricing... and I can't avoid buying! (Three purchases in just the last week!). They've got my number!

"Resistance is Futile" - the Borg:eek:

Rick Fisher
04-09-2009, 5:06 PM
Our local Felder store has the Festool as well.. It was easier to resist when all we had was Hafiele.. they didnt really want to sell it to us.. so it helped.. :D

There seems to be a healthy premium in price over the USA. Its always irritated me, but at least we have it available now...

Greg Pavlov
04-09-2009, 9:55 PM
How are Festools doing in your area? Two local dealers picked them up last year, put in a good amount of stock arranged demos, etc. One let his stock go way down and the other dropped the line altogether (had a great sale on the leftovers that I missed, d&#&*^!it). The one who dropped it didn't do it because he was in trouble, as far as I can tell: he always has a decent selection on the floor including a few SawStops.

Phil Hansen
04-10-2009, 9:10 AM
I have a few Festool tools (sander, router, drill) which I have had for going on 12 years - highly recommeded then from my favourite dealer. Their tune has now changed somewhat. Their feeling is that the quality is not the same and there are better deals to be had from other manufacturers.
Had to replace a few parts lately and Makita spares fit the Festool at about 1/3 of the price.
My opinion: Although I have had good service from the old stuff I would not buy a Festool again.