PDA

View Full Version : There Still Out There! Bessy Gloat.

Tyler Howell
07-28-2004, 12:32 AM
While shopping for a few odds and ends on my most recent road trip, I spied the characteristic color and shape at the Borg, on the clearance shelf. Quiet afternoon called for the department manager, said I'll take the whole load for $100.00. He helped me loaded all six 25 inchers in the cart and and hand wrote the ticket. :D :D
Normally $35.00 marked down to 25.00. Do the math!
You smooth talking horse traders are teaching me a thing or two. Thanks.;)

Chris Padilla
07-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Those would be 24" clamps, Tyler. ;) ...not that I'm an expert on the sizes of clamps that Bessey makes.... :D

Martin Shupe
07-28-2004, 12:37 AM
Tyler,

I know where there are 11 40 inches marked $33 each, but I didn't need that many that big. Also, I didn't want to make him an offer on all 11. Now, if they had been 24 inches, I might have picked up a few.

Steve, how are you fixed for 40's?

Pat Salter
07-28-2004, 12:41 AM
Hey, Chris, he's so excited he can't tell the differance between 24" and 25". Makes you wonder what his projects look like :rolleyes:
Just kidding, congrats on a good deal.

Steve Clardy
07-28-2004, 12:52 AM
FOUL!!! FOUL!!! You outa be arrested at that gloat Tyler. !!!
Man, here we are sitting up at midnight having to read a gloat like that!!!!!
Makes me wanna got to bed and pout.
Now thats a super haul there Tyler.
Steve

Dick Parr
07-28-2004, 7:49 AM
Way to go Tyler!!!

Now you have to get into Chris's bulk buy so that you can finish up (get 5 of each size) the collection of Bessy's you are going to need for all your projects. ;) :D

Dan Mages
07-28-2004, 8:34 AM
So Tyler. When are you planning on putting those clams and your baby poop yellow saw to work?

Dan

Tyler Howell
07-28-2004, 9:07 AM
Those would be 24" clamps, Tyler. ;) ...not that I'm an expert on the sizes of clamps that Bessey makes.... :D
Of course you are right Chris being the resident expert and purchasing agent for Bessey. I'm looking at price tag and typing the (wrong) size.;)

[Quote=Dan Mages]So Tyler. When are you planning on putting those clams and your baby poop yellow saw to work?

Turning and burning Dan if I could only stay home long enough. Solid Gold was cooking well into the wee hours last night (to the shagrin of my neighbors) turning out "stops" and "quarter round" molding the for kitchen project. I haven't recouped the cost of my saw or router yet :p but it's the journey right?? Pix to follow.;)

Steve Jenkins
07-28-2004, 9:37 AM
Tyler, it looks like you have the program figured out. congrats.
Martin I can always use more of any size but better pay the rent instead. :>)
Steve

Tyler Howell
07-28-2004, 10:26 AM
FOUL!!! FOUL!!! You outa be arrested at that gloat Tyler. !!!
Man, here we are sitting up at midnight having to read a gloat like that!!!!!
Makes me wanna got to bed and pout.
Now thats a super haul there Tyler.
SteveHey thanks Steve! I have to make up for lack of skill with good tools.
PS Looking at your shop expansion last night. Looking great.
;)

Michael Ballent
07-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Oh man what a deal!!! Congrats :D

James Carmichael
07-28-2004, 4:00 PM
Nice score, Tyler!

I guess now that your daughter is off to Med School, you've got some room in the car for yourself and LOYL to haul home some goodies. I know when we used to take my two girls on road trips, I almost needed to rent a tour bus to carry all of those "essentials" :confused:

Donnie Raines
07-28-2004, 4:04 PM
Ok..ok....there must be some limit to the number of gloats per member......... :rolleyes: :D

Jim Becker
07-28-2004, 9:12 PM
Hey, Chris, he's so excited he can't tell the differance between 24" and 25".
My Dr. SWMBO would have a very cute explaination about that...gender-based, of course... :D

Nice score, Tyler. Savvy shopping always requires keeping your eyes open and knowing what things cost.

Kent Cori
07-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Tyler,

The one on the right is clearly missing its sticker. It is my sad duty to inform you that these are obviously pirated factory seconds and that you have been ripped off by the Borg. I feel deeply for you my friend so to help out in your moment of emotional despair, I'll allow you to send them to me for disposal and I will graciously compensate you the $100 that the big, bad Borg bilked you out of. :D

Kelly C. Hanna
07-29-2004, 9:57 AM
Nice haul Tyler...proof that ya get nothin' if ya don't ask!