PDA

View Full Version : My first AAW meeting!

Dewey Torres
04-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks the Creeker Al Wasser (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=10589) for the invite I was able to drive to Pueblo tonight and attended my first AAW meeting.

WOW

Now I know why all of you recommended the Noobs go there to learn.

As luck would have it, the demo was all about inlaid turnings!!!! Sweet! What else could I ask for?

I introduced myself and bought some pics of my work which seemed well received.

Then I won one of the wood raffles! YES! Luckiest turner on the planet=Dewey Torres):D
Box elder, Spalted maple, and some Corian I can use for inlay!:cool:

alex carey
04-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Wow that box elder looks really nice. Lots of pink in there, great stuff.

Ron Crosby
04-09-2009, 5:34 AM
You mean Manitoba Maple.
Nice stuff, congrats on your win. :D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-09-2009, 7:29 AM
Thanks the Creeker Al Wasser (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?u=10589) for the invite I was able to drive to Pueblo tonight and attended my first AAW meeting.

WOW

Now I know why all of you recommended the Noobs go there to learn.

As luck would have it, the demo was all about inlaid turnings!!!! Sweet! What else could I ask for?

I introduced myself and bought some pics of my work which seemed well received.

Then I won one of the wood raffles! YES! Luckiest turner on the planet=Dewey Torres):D
Box elder, Spalted maple, and some Corian I can use for inlay!:cool:

Key word is "turner" Dewey!

Congrats my friend!

Steve Schlumpf
04-09-2009, 7:36 AM
Congrats on your big win Dewey! Always nice to have options when it comes to wood for turning!

Glad to hear you had fun at the meeting! Did you teach them anything?

Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of your new stash!

Jeff Nicol
04-09-2009, 7:38 AM
Dewey, Luck is good but honest good hard work adds to a lucky mans world, and you fit the description! Have fun with your nes stock and keep on spinning out great things.

Jeff

Bernie Weishapl
04-09-2009, 8:22 AM
Congrats Dewey. That is some nice looking wood. Can't wait to see what comes out of it. Glad you had a good time.