PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Mugs ???

kevin leasure
04-08-2009, 7:39 PM
Anyone have a good source for cheap black coffee mugs, ceramic is preference but will consider others. any help would be great guys.

Mike Burroughs
04-08-2009, 9:54 PM
Depending on how many you need..I get mine at walmart...you could check dollartree.com

Mike

Bill Cunningham
04-09-2009, 8:33 PM
What colour do those black walmart mugs and plates engrave to? I've thought about picking up some samples (ala Steve goes shopping..ha) and trying them out! Just never got a round-tu-it

Mike Burroughs
04-10-2009, 1:32 AM
They turn somewhat white, I think its more distortion due to the engraving (not because of a white inside)...what I usually do is after engraving, I use perminent ink to bring out the design. I found different colored inks at my local scrapbook store. I tried using the color fills but found that after a few runs threw a dishwasher the fill starts to wash off.

I had a picture but can't seem to find it, will take another one and try to post it.

Mike

Mike Burroughs
04-10-2009, 1:46 AM
Ok, the above post was for the coffee cups. When engraving the plates, the engraved area seems to still retain the original color so you almost have to do some sort of color fill.

Mike

Bill Cunningham
04-11-2009, 8:34 PM
Ya thats what I thought would happen... I'd like to find a local source for those cobalt blue glass plates and cups.. Or 'any' coloured glass plates and cups.. All the glass ones frost white when etched, and some are very striking..