PDA

View Full Version : I won't miss Fairpoint.....

Tim Morton
04-08-2009, 6:50 PM
I was a subscriber of Verizon DSL for about 7 years before Fairpoint bought them out last month...service has gotten slower and slower until it now resembles dial-up.:mad::mad:

You can't get them on the phone, and the online chat is never up..its a complete trainwreck...

Hopefully my comcast self install kit and Airport extreme should arrive tomorrow or friday so i can close the door on fairpoint...of course i am not sure how i cm going to cacel my service since they are completely unreachable...maybe if i just stop paying my bill they will get the hint;)

Chuck Wintle
04-08-2009, 7:35 PM
course i am not sure how i cm going to cancel my service since they are completely unreachable...maybe if i just stop paying my bill they will get the hint;)
Usually a registered letter stating you wish to cancel the service. Someone there will need to sign for it and they can never say it was not received .:D

Greg Cole
04-09-2009, 7:58 AM
I was a subscriber of Verizon DSL for about 7 years before Fairpoint bought them out last month...
So the WWW finally found it's way to lil'ol Vermont? :p

Karlan Talkington
04-09-2009, 8:20 AM
Have you looked into Verizon FiOS? If its available in your area its definitely a competitor to cable. I hope you have better service with Comcast than I have.

Jared Larrow
04-09-2009, 8:33 AM
"You can't get them on the phone, and the online chat is never up..its a complete trainwreck..."

It seems the naysayers about Fairpoint buying out Verizon in VT were right - Fairpoint hasn't been able to handle it very well. We have Fairpoint DSL at home (for the moment), and my wife has had a horrible time with her email. As you said, reaching them by phone is a trial of patience at best...

I've used Comcast cable at my office in Burlington for years, and it's been great. The average speed is 8-10 times faster than DSL here.

Enjoy your new connection -

Jared in VT

John Shuk
04-09-2009, 8:57 AM
Have you looked into Verizon FiOS? If its available in your area its definitely a competitor to cable. I hope you have better service with Comcast than I have.

Verizon sold the assets up there a while back.

Tim Morton
04-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Well made the switch over this mornign and all i can say is WOW...its nice to have high speed back again. Not to mention i was able to dump my 7 year old DSL modem/router for my shiny new airport extreme N router:D:D

I was even impressed that comcast had a set up utility for the mac ..i basically unplgged the old...plugged inthe new and hit a couple of continue buttons and entered a few paswords and i was back on line in about 5 minutes.

Gene Howe
04-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Great, Tim. Isn't it nice when stuff actually works?