PDA

View Full Version : ID Bracelet

Gregg Vaughn
04-08-2009, 10:26 AM
I have a group of runners at the University where I work who are interested in ID bracelets to wear when running that would identify them if they had "problems." They envision a velcro-like band with an engraving plate large enough to put necessary contact information on.

I googled ID rbacelets, medical ID beacelets and even runners ID bracelets, but did not find anything. Anyone know of a source or sold anything like this?

Wayne Olsen
04-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Look up "medic alert tags" on google. I don't know if they sell blank tags or bracelets, but it would give you ideas if nothing else.

Steve Clarkson
04-08-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't know any sources for you, but I have a suggestion. Instead of making them for their wrists, which may bother alot of runners, I would suggest making them for their sneakers. Often times in races, the runners will attach a chip to their sneaker for calculating their start and finish times in the race.....you might want to design it so that it can fit on their sneaker like that. Also, then they won't have to remember to put it on everytime they go for a run, it will atomatically be there. Oh.......and when the coroner is putting on the toe tag, he'll see it right away and know who to call!!!!

Skip Weiser
04-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I just received the new Uline catalog and on page 217 they have Tyvek wrist bands that peel and stick to secure, but min. order is for a pack of 500 for $49.00. Item S-10751 Probably not the best deal around though.

http://www.uline.com/Product/AdvSearchResult.aspx?keywords=wrist%20band

Edit: Sorry, I missed the metal plate part. These don't have that.

Dee Gallo
04-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Don't forget about those silicone bands, they are pretty popular too and come in lots of colors.

Dan Hintz
04-08-2009, 11:24 AM
If you can't find what you need pre-made, I'm sure Frank at Chewbarka has a useful tag size already with a hole on either side.

Kenneth Hertzog
04-08-2009, 4:10 PM
Gregg

I realize that you wanted metal but how about leather
it can snap together and can be made any size.
laser engraving on leather is easy just stinks a little.:D

ken

Belinda Barfield
04-08-2009, 5:19 PM
Gregg,

If you can find the bracelets, the company below sells ID plates with rivets. It's an extra step to attach them to the bracelets, but might make the engraving easier.

http://www.morrco.com/alrivontag.html

Dan Cunningham
04-08-2009, 8:28 PM
We recently saw this at a canine "rally"- collars with engravable metal plates for ID/ Address etc. Maybe a collar like this for a small dog would double as a wrist band? Or... medical dog tags would be an option? Dog tag for the shoes- as mentioned before? All this relates to dogs- huh? We have recently been engraving on leather also- wristbands for my daughter and all her high school friends. Works very well.

Wayne Olsen
04-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Be careful about being too creative in what you choose. If the items chosen are too atypical, EMT's and hospital emergency rooms might easily miss noticing them. Some items like the silicon bracelets are so common that most ER's and EMT's might see them and just assume that they have the standard generic non specific information and not pay any attention to them. Just a thought.

kyle bonnell
04-09-2009, 2:15 PM
Stickyj.com is the company I work for. We specialize in medical jewelry. Check out the sport strap bracelets.

Stephen Beckham
04-09-2009, 3:58 PM
How about the new Coco line from LaserBits? They have three different bracelets that might work. They are lightweight which would be nice for runners.

Dee Gallo
04-09-2009, 4:36 PM
Chewbarka does have nice anodized sliders (and cheap) you could probably put on a watchband... just a thought.

Bill Cunningham
04-09-2009, 9:23 PM
Did something similar for a runners group a few years ago.. Only it was anodized dogtags (military not woof type) There's lots of room for logos and text, and it would be noticed right away by hospital staff..

Todd Suire
05-12-2009, 5:37 PM
Gregg,

I'm a road cyclist and I wear a RoadID band around my ankle. They come in different sizes and colors with multiple lines of text for pertinent information. They also have a reflective stripe for being seen at night. Check out www.roadid.com (http://www.roadid.com) for details.

(pretend funny and memorable quote is displayed here)