PDA

View Full Version : Jack Bauer

Paul Ryan
04-07-2009, 7:35 PM
Alright. I am sure I am not the only 24 junky around here. If you haven't ever watched the show. Don't start it is adictive. I think this is the 7 season. At the end of every season something happens to Jack. If appears that they want us to believe at this point in the DAY. Jack is going to eventually die, from the biological weapon he was exposed to. Now we all know that Jack Bauer cannot be killed, he is the modern day Rambo. So what is the general consensus, how will he get out of this one. The experimental treatment they were talking about last night he completly denied any thought of. And besides does 24 want to pay the beautiful Alisha Cuthbert to come back for an episod or 2, I don't think so. That ship has sailed she is not part of the show any more.

I just cant figure out how the show ends this time. Does Jack heal up, or does the last episod end with the heart monitor on Jack with a ____________.

Eric Franklin
04-07-2009, 8:12 PM
I remember reading that there will be one more season after the current one and they will then be doing a movie. It was stated that Jack Bauer won't have a happy ending. With that info, I would go with either the experimental treatment or they find a antidote at the base.

Jim Kountz
04-07-2009, 8:35 PM
I dont know what will happen but I am a total 24 junky!! It is in my opinion one of the best shows on TV. So that means its doomed. You see if I like a show it always gets canceled. You know they canceled Prison Break right? Idiots, gee I hope they replace it with something original like a reality show.

Paul Ryan
04-07-2009, 9:45 PM
I've been a junky for years as well. To me Kiefer Sutherland will no longer be any thing other than Jack Bauer. He has the Captian Kirk syndrom. I am sure Jack will not have a happy ending but I don't think it will be this season. How do you make a movie once Jack is dead though. Jack can't be killed, but everyone else he gets close to dies.

Jim Kountz
04-07-2009, 9:51 PM
Perhaps on of those, "close to death yet comes back in the movie for a final round" kind of things??

Brian Kent
04-07-2009, 10:52 PM
He probably tortures a super scientist, or makes them think he will torture him, until he admits that he invented an antidote!:eek:

Steve Southwood
04-08-2009, 6:23 AM
Agreed that this won't be the last season, figure it won't be far off, tho. I am still betting on an antidote will be found. Would be nice to see Alisha again.

I have all the seasons on DVD and watch it regularly. My wife says it a soap-opera, I say nope, "It's a man-opera" .

Spoiler alert: Don't google her name. I looked up what she has been doing, and now I know what happens.

Paul Ryan
04-08-2009, 7:39 AM
I 2nd the man-opera.

I think you already spoiled it Steve. I didn't look her up but I chatch your drift. Oh well, I jut I let the cat out of the bag. I will look forward to seeing her again she is a hotty.

Steve Southwood
04-09-2009, 6:22 AM
Yea sorry about that.

Figure he will be on the table and heart will stop. Doctors will be bringing in the paddles to shock him right at the last second.

The FBI redhead is a good addition this year. Pretty good looking girl.

Eric Franklin
04-10-2009, 11:40 AM
You know they canceled Prison Break right?

Not trying to hi-jack the thread but Prison Break hasn't been canceled. It returns Friday 4/17. I think this is the final season.

Frank Hagan
04-10-2009, 11:06 PM
"24" has at least one more season; maybe two. I'll have to ask my brother in law. My BIL is Guy Skinner, the A camera guy on the show, and the one that does all those hand held camera shots. B camera is usually steady and C camera is a little one in a black box that they put inside the things they are blowing up. Some of the DVDs have Guy in the "extras" where they show how they film things; if you look closely you can see the custom "creeper" he uses to get those fast moving handheld shots (the series is shot on film with Panavision cameras ... they weigh something like 45 pounds, all balanced on a bean bag on his shoulder.)

He's incredibly tight-lipped about the show's plot, so I can never pry secrets out of him.

They also film a series of web-only shorts called "The Rookie" ... about a junior CTU agent ... with much of the same action you see on "24". You can find it at http://www.fox.com/24/degreerookie/index.htm Same director and same camera crew, but different actors.

John Terefenko
04-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Huge 24 fan here also but have to say this was the dullest of seasons. Maybe because I can now predict all that happens because the only surprise was Tony coming back. I am figuring the president's daughter is going to screw something up before it is over.

Also a prison break fan

Was a LOST fan but it has gotten too weird and I stopped watching it this season. That is one of the weirdest shows they ever made. When that first came out I thing the writers had no idea which way to go with it and still don't think they do. Just let it go already.

Jonathan Spool
04-13-2009, 6:45 PM
If you're truly a 24 junkie you should of had this figured out already.
The canister that leaked and exposed Jack to the virus Jack tested positive for was planted on the WMD by either Tony or another agent, secretly in support of Jack's endeavors to save the country. Jack only looks like he is sick. Actually, it is a short term virus called sopavira that will make one sick, stop the heart, just long enough for the government to think you are dead. Jack will re-surface when the time requires, and in the meanwhile will be sucking down Coronas in the Bahamas.

Chris Padilla
04-14-2009, 12:38 PM
The wife and I just started watching 24 this season. I kept hearing about it but never bothered. Well, we are both bonafide junkies now. We blasted through season 1 over the course of a week and serious potatoing over a weekend; it about wore us all out!! haha

Now we'll slowly work through seasons 2-6 via Netflix but we'll wait until this current season is over.

Paul Ryan
04-14-2009, 8:18 PM
Chris,

If you started watching then it is already to late. You have been hooked. I started watching the show about 4 years ago, now I cant miss an episode. My advise though. Dont watch the current season until you have been through all the subsiquent seasons. It will kind of ruin it. Not that much, but you will miss out on the whole Jack Baure aura and misteak.

John Terefenko
04-14-2009, 11:44 PM
This past week had a surprise in it that Tony kills the FBI guy. What is that all about??? Did he figure that he was going to die anyway so he made it look like he killed him to go back undercover to find out if there is more terrorists??? Starting to really pick up now. I forgot what happen to Cloie???

Paul Ryan
04-15-2009, 9:59 PM
Cloie got locked up a couple of hours ago for helping jack. I her husband morris helped her out, but expect to see her back before the day is over. I am not sure what to think about tony. I have to think this canister he took with the other guy will come up for some finacial gain instead of releasing it. But who knows. So far I thing this is my least favorit season. We need another guy to route for other than Jack and I was hoping that was Tony, but who knows.

Stupid Man-operas

Steve Southwood
05-19-2009, 2:55 PM
Well, comments?

That last half an hour was a man opera if I ever saw one. Guess the writers from "As the World Turns" have found a job.

Rumor has it Season 8 is being filmed in NYC already.