PDA

View Full Version : Laser Problem

Dave Russell Smith
04-07-2009, 6:37 PM
Been having a issue with my laser in the last week with it coming to the end of a job the head just takes off and hits the right hand side of the machine and slackens the x-axis belt which then needs to be re-tightened. It did not happen on the same part of the table or on the same image so its very random but it did happen every day more than once. Has any one had a similar incident such as this and what was the out come. Was it a networking problem or Coreldraw or even the windows operating system driver i.e Vista :rolleyes: . Motors & amplifier have been replaced as well as a new I-beam but to no avail :(.

Bruce Volden
04-07-2009, 8:16 PM
Dave,

That has happened to me with my Epilog TT. I had a very dirty encoder strip as well as dust bunnies in the contrast reader for the encoder strip. When I cleaned them all was fine and has since become part of my preventive maintenance checks.

Bruce

AL Ursich
04-07-2009, 10:38 PM
That was my first thought too, dirty encoder strip or strip reader.... It gets blocked and the computer closed loop is waiting for the encoder pulse that never shows up and keeps driving until bump.

Then there is a cable that has thin wires and burns a wire and you can flip the cable end for end as a temp fix as not all the wires are used in the cable. Not sure if this model has that cable and since it reads good for the most part of the job it is more than likely a bad read on the encoder.

AL:rolleyes: