PDA

View Full Version : First of its kind - SawStop PCS with full Incra TS-LS system - Pics

Frank Trinkle
04-07-2009, 4:49 PM
I finally received my Incra TS-LS combo and Miter5000 for my new SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw (Field Test Pre-Production unit).

The Miter5000 will be used as my primary sled and Miter Gauge, with the extendable fence for crosscuts.

The TS-LS combo is #2 with offset Router table on the Right Side of the Table Saw. The lift is the Jessum/Incra Mast-R-Lift with a Porter Cable 7518 mounted underneath.

The TS-LS Combo includes Incra's Super System, consisting of WonderFence, High Rise Fence Cap, Shop Stop, and Right Angle Fixture. Dust collection is a 2.5" port built into the Wonder Fence.

Additionally, I have the Incra Wood Hinge Crafter for wooden hinges; the Original Incra Jig and V120 Miter Gauge for my Bandsaw and Drill Press, as well as a pretty complete set of their measuring and angle tools.

Yeah... I LIKE Incra!

This is the first SS PCS Saw to be modified with the Incra TS-LS system, and it appears to be working very very well. Some slight mods needed to make the router table fit (routed a 1/4" canal to compensate for the SS saw's table adjustment screw which sticks out of the right cast iron extension). Otherwise smooth as silk.

Lovin' this thing!

Frank Trinkle
04-07-2009, 4:50 PM
Here are a few more...

Dan Friedrichs
04-07-2009, 5:48 PM
SOOOOOO jealous.... (*drooling*) :o

Dan T Jones
04-07-2009, 5:51 PM
Frank,
Very nice. That Incra fence looks very nice. I don't see why people complain about it getting in the way of crosscutting when you can move the fence 32 inches away from the blade.

BTW, thank you for you and your wife's service.

My son is finishing up at Fr Rucker. He will be a Medevac pilot and will fly a Blackhawk. Heading to Afganistan in May.

Don Bullock
04-07-2009, 6:56 PM
Frank, that looks fantastic. I have the Incra fence on my SS and hope to add the router table soon.

Roy Wall
04-07-2009, 7:02 PM
Is that a Right Tilt Saw??????????

Frank Trinkle
04-07-2009, 7:19 PM
Is that a Right Tilt Saw??????????

No... Left Tilt

Peter Quinn
04-07-2009, 7:23 PM
WOWcomes to mind!

Chris Tsutsui
04-07-2009, 7:37 PM
You don't have a saw, what you have is a masterpiece worthy of a museum of art and engineering... :)

To add contrast to your table saw, I included two pictures of a saw I found on CL which includes right tilting "wooden stand", with a custom corrugated cardboard storage drawer.

Bruce Page
04-07-2009, 7:40 PM
Wow, that’s a sweet setup Frank. We appreciate everything you are doing to help stimulate the economy! :D

Frank Trinkle
04-07-2009, 7:43 PM
you don't have a saw, what you have is a masterpiece worthy of a museum of art and engineering... :)

to add contrast to your table saw, i included two pictures of a saw i found on cl which includes right tilting "wooden stand", with a custom corrugated cardboard storage drawer.

roflmao!!:d:d

Chris Padilla
04-07-2009, 7:48 PM
Geez, you have every bell and whistle I can think of on there...will there be any room to cut, uh, wood??? ;)

BTW, way too shiny...lets see some scratches, caked on sawdust, beer-bottle ring, dried-on glue, etc.

Oh, and a project or two is to be highly, HIGHLY anticipated now that you've gloated about the equipment you have. No pressure of course! ;)

Rob Price
04-07-2009, 10:09 PM
With all those gadgets, where do you put the wood? :D

Nice setup. Why in the world do you still have the Sawstop miter gage attached to your saw?

Any chance Incra is giving discounts to "field test" their setup on the "field test" PCS saw?

Chris Rosenberger
04-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Nice setup Frank.

Maurice Ungaro
04-08-2009, 7:21 AM
A nicely qualified "YOU SUCK".
:D

Bill Huber
04-08-2009, 8:12 AM
Now that is a set up I think I could put in the living room......

I do have a question, I don't know very much about the set up but it looks like it would be very hard to use the router. It looks like the fence would be on the right side and you would have to kind of work over the saw to route.

Is that right?

Frank Trinkle
04-08-2009, 8:34 AM
Now that is a set up I think I could put in the living room......

I do have a question, I don't know very much about the set up but it looks like it would be very hard to use the router. It looks like the fence would be on the right side and you would have to kind of work over the saw to route.

Is that right?

Yes, you're right. You can't stand in FRONT of the router as you can on a detached router table, but when there are space considerations (as I have in my situation), this is a perfect solution and I'm willing to deal with a little hassle.

The other thing that isn't immediately apparent, is that the positioner can be lifted off the rails and turned around so that you are working from the rear of the table. This is a nice feature especially when working with very wide pieces.

Most of what I use a router table for is joinery of smaller items (box joints, dovetailing, etc..), rabbiting, and edge forming, so I really don't have big issues with the position against the table... but in a later workshop (bigger), I will have a detached router table again.

What i LOVE is the the microprecision capability of the Incra system to 1/1000th adjustments automatically. No guessing and lots less waste!