PDA

View Full Version : First band saw gloat. Now with new picks.

keith ouellette
04-07-2009, 2:30 PM
Not the first one I've gloated about but the first one ever. I got the up load problem fixed so I added a better picture.

It is a year 2000 grizzly 1 hp 15" I liked it because the frame is one solid piece . from what I understand that is better because it doesn't flex (I think anyway)

It came with 3 blade; 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4". None are new but all seem sharp. and He even gave me a small cherry burl (shown in picture).

I almost didn't get it but we got to talking and he showed me all these pictures of various boxes he made with this saw and the price seemed right.
I had just recently trimmed some trees for a little extra money then I saw the ad for the bandsaw a couple of days later. The money was supposed to go towards a DC but I hadn't found one yet.

It was only $150 and it ended up being in storage just 5 minutes away so I didn't have to drive very far at all.

Curt Harms
04-07-2009, 3:06 PM
I sold mine for $300 two or three years ago. I find that I use a bandsaw in place of a table saw for certain cuts. A bandsaw just seems easier to control with small pieces or where the piece is difficult to secure or where it might have reaction wood in it. I cut a 4" hole in the lower right corner of the door and installed a fitting. It wasn't perfect but worked pretty well.

A couple hard learned lessons. If you want to remove the lower wheel, the nut is left hand thread. The shaft for the lower wheel looks like 3/4". It's not. It's 20mm.

Curt

John Thompson
04-07-2009, 8:18 PM
Nice haul for $150, Keith..

Sarge..

Jim Kountz
04-07-2009, 8:32 PM
Wow man thats a great deal I think. I would have gladly paid $150 for that saw.

Stephen Edwards
04-07-2009, 8:48 PM
You did VERY WELL on this saw. Congratulations on a good find. I'm sure you'll enjoy your "new" Band Saw!

Thomas Pender
04-08-2009, 7:06 AM
I have a high opinion of that bandsaw and a really high opinion of you getting it for such a price. Almost everything is replaceable on a bandsaw - -

keith ouellette
04-08-2009, 8:04 AM
I have a high opinion of that bandsaw and a really high opinion of you getting it for such a price. Almost everything is replaceable on a bandsaw - -

Thank you. I don't think I mentioned it was his firm asking price. I looked at it the morning after it was posted on craigs. I think I just got lucky and was the first one to call.