PDA

View Full Version : FREEStuff Drawing 8-2-2004: Bethlehem Olivewood Pen Blanks

Aaron Koehl
07-27-2004, 9:20 AM
FreeStuff from Bethlehem OliveWood:

The company owners of Bethlehem Olivewood, in Bethlehem, Israel have graciously donated two (I repeat, TWO) sets of Holy Land Olivewood pen blanks to be given to TWO lucky winners in our FreeStuff program, in sets of 20 each!

These Olive Wood blanks are exquisite, beautiful, and quite remarkable. You can see the burls in the 3rd and 4th pens from the left in this thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=8538), as well as a few in this thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=6785) and this post (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=6250&p=46211). (If anyone else has Olivewood pen pics, let's see 'em! ;) )

A lucky winner will be drawn from our electronic hat on August 2, 2004, and again the following Monday (August 9, 2004). Winners will have 1 week to respond to this thread, at such time Bethlehem Olivewood will ship 20 olivewood blanks directly to the winner.

Please visit their website at www.bethlehemolivewood.net (http://www.bethlehemolivewood.net/)!!

Information regarding the history of the company can be found here (http://www.bethlehemolivewood.net/Us.htm).
The OliveWood history can be found here (http://www.bethlehemolivewood.net/Tree_History.htm).

Contact Information:
Bethlehem Olive Wood Imports
PO Box 316 Manger Square
Bethlehem, Israel

Phone: 972-66-414-811
Email: info@bethlehemolivewood.net

Let us thank our own Diane Darwesh and Bethlehem OliveWood for their generous contribution!

First Winner: Terry Quiram of Roanoke, Illinois
Second Winner: Jim Baker of Neoga, Illinois

Looks like Illinois is coming out on top this week!

Kurt Aebi
07-27-2004, 9:32 AM
Great!

Aaron, Diane has been a great supporter of this site and of the FPP and her olive wood is so beautiful and makes such nice pens.

Let me be the fist to say!

LET IT BE ME!

John Shuk
07-27-2004, 8:01 PM
I'm hopin I'm hopin!

Steve Clardy
07-27-2004, 8:13 PM
Thanks Diane!!:D

Michael Stafford
07-28-2004, 3:25 PM
Enter me. I love to make pens from olivewood particularly the larger size pens that better display the wood.

Jack Diemer
07-30-2004, 11:43 PM
Pick me, Ill make Ken turn the wood for me at the Central States BBQ.

Chris Padilla
08-02-2004, 10:45 AM
C'mon, C'mon, C'mon!!!!! Please, please, please!!!!

Scott Coffelt
08-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Chris you won on the last one, let some of us who have not won yet win.... like me, I'll even turn Jack pen, since he is too lazy to come over and do it himself :D .

Jack have fun traveling and be safe while overseas.

Chris Padilla
08-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Oh yeah...that's true...but I'm on a roll, then!!! :D :D

Tyler Howell
08-02-2004, 11:28 AM
I know, I'm selfish, I want it all!:o

Tom Mullane
08-02-2004, 11:43 AM
ME, ME, ME, ME, ME ... PLEASE PICK ME... AHHHH COME ON... I NEVER WIN ANYTHING.... LOL

Shawn Oberdorf
08-02-2004, 9:50 PM
Hmmm, pens made from that would make a very nice wedding present(s) for my sister and her soon to be husband. Hint Hint

Shawn

Steve Clardy
08-02-2004, 10:23 PM
And----the first Winner is? This is the second isn't it? I am usually a day or two behind.

Bruce Shiverdecker
08-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Guess it wasn't us Steve. BTW, I'm turning in twenty pens to Woodcraft for shipment to SMC. There are some made out of your Walnut. Thanks again.

Bruce

Carole Valentine
08-02-2004, 11:50 PM
So how do we know who won???? Or did they forget to draw?

Steve Clardy
08-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Guess it wasn't us Steve. BTW, I'm turning in twenty pens to Woodcraft for shipment to SMC. There are some made out of your Walnut. Thanks again.

Bruce
Sounds great Bruce. Need any more just holler. Have a lot of cherry and other stuff now.:)
Steve

Steve Clardy
08-03-2004, 4:26 PM
So how do we know who won???? Or did they forget to draw?
I think Aaron must be teasing us.;)
Steve

I need to post here so I won't forget to check back to see who has won.:rolleyes:

Jackie Outten
08-03-2004, 5:00 PM
Aaron is on vacation through Thursday. He was hoping to have internet access at Nags Head but there is none so I guess he will do the drawing Thursday night or Friday. Sorry for the delay.

Jackie

Aaron Koehl
08-03-2004, 6:49 PM
Hey guys.. As Jackie said, I am on vacation here at the beach in Nags Head, NC without Internet. Well, looks like "Hurricane" Alex just weathered through here.. we didn't get much more than a bunch of wind and a ton of rain. Did I mention it was windy?

Anyway, I managed to steal away to a local bookstore here. This drawing cost me $3.00 for 15 minutes of Internet Access. Just shows you how devoted I am.

Hopefully the sun will come out.. tomorrow (tomorrow, which is only a day away), and I will be thinking about all of you while soaking up the sun at the ocean. (Again, hopefully).

Cheers.

Jim Baker
08-03-2004, 9:54 PM
Congratulations Terry. I know you will do them all the justice they deserve.

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Way to go Terry! The first set couldn't have gone to a nicer guy and a more dedicated turner. I have purchased these blanks in the past, and they make a most beautiful pen, and Olive Wood is wonderful to turn. The only thing comparable is that Lilac you gave me..................both make the finest Pens!

Terry Quiram
08-04-2004, 6:47 AM
I am quite pleased to have my name "pulled" from the hat. Up to now the only thing I have ever won was the 1968 draft lottery. Thanks to Bethlehem Olivewood for their generosity. :)

Terry

Steve Clardy
08-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Way to go Terry!!
Be sure and bring one of those to Terrys feed, as I have never seen olivewood.
Steve

Aaron Koehl
08-06-2004, 9:45 PM
Hey guys.. As Jackie said, I am on vacation here at the beach in Nags Head, NC without Internet. Well, looks like "Hurricane" Alex just weathered through here.. we didn't get much more than a bunch of wind and a ton of rain. Did I mention it was windy?

Anyway, I managed to steal away to a local bookstore here. This drawing cost me $3.00 for 15 minutes of Internet Access. Just shows you how devoted I am.

Hopefully the sun will come out.. tomorrow (tomorrow, which is only a day away), and I will be thinking about all of you while soaking up the sun at the ocean. (Again, hopefully).

Cheers.
Hey everyone..
Here are a couple of pictures taken of an otherwise calm Atlantic Ocean at Nags Head, NC, just 2 hours after Hurricane Alex passed over.

The undertow was pretty strong for the next two days, too.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Terry, I didn't win a lottery in '68 but I did get picked??????????

Terry Quiram
08-07-2004, 7:16 AM
Ken

I don't remember what my number was but I got a May call up. Decided to enlist with the Navy. Spent 3 years living in Naples Italy as an E3 filling an E7 billet. I was the yeoman to the assistant chief of staff of the sixth fleet shore staff. We were stationed on the Nato side. It was pretty cool duty.

Terry

Ken Fitzgerald
08-07-2004, 9:19 AM
Terry, I turned 19 in August '68. I had just moved to Cornell...not too far from you. I was working for my father drilling gas storage wells for Northern Illinois Gas. We used to pass throught Roanoke on the way to Metamora where we drilled a number of wells. August I got the invitation and train ticket to Chicago. September I got notified I'd passed the physical. I enlisted in the Navy with a 51 day delay. November 9th I went to Great Lakes for boot camp. Got out of the Navy in November 1976. 8 years....18 months in Great Lakes..6 months Brunswick, GA....4 years Meridian MS......14 months Kingsville TX.....8 months Charleston, SC. 2 years of school...5 years of air traffic control maintenance....8 months working on fast attack subs..met LOML about 11 days before attending bootcamp...got married after bootcamp..1st couple of years were a financial challenge but we survived....36 years later.....she's still the LOML....she's working a couple of years extra (she could have retired this year) to pay for my new shop.

Chad Young
08-10-2004, 11:57 AM
So who won the second set.

Terry Quiram
08-10-2004, 6:30 PM
Hey Jim

Congradulations to you!!!!! How about that, kept all the blanks in Illinois. :D

Terry

Jim Baker
08-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Thanks to Bethlehem Olivewood and Sawmill Creek for this wonderful opportunity. I hope I can do them justice.

John M. Cioffi
08-11-2004, 6:58 AM
Hi ALL,

Congratulations to Jim & Terry for the blanks you've won.
Post your tips & tricks on the Olivewood, for us(ME!)
Enjoy.

John:cool:

Curt Adams
09-27-2004, 2:44 PM
Please enter me in drawing.

Curt

Aaron Koehl
09-27-2004, 4:32 PM
Curt,

Unfortunately, this drawing ended August 2, 2004. However, FREEStuff drawings are open too all members of SawmillCreek (no need to "opt in").