PDA

View Full Version : how do you know if it is vector engraving?

Nadia Zois
04-07-2009, 12:25 AM
hey guys :)

i am a n00b. i am curious if i have got the whole vector engraving down.

i have a versalaser 25watt and you know when you print with the software the vector cutting turns red in the preview and the raster is grey? well the vector engraving does not turn blue. it just looks darker grey than the raster engraving. is this okay? is it really vector engraving?

i was not sure if i was doing something wrong perhaps? in corel draw i am designing with blue. so i just dont know why it doesn't look blue in the preview. maybe i am using the wrong shade of blue??

the person who sold it to me is no help at all so i have had to figure out everything on my own. it is confusing ! hehe

Mike Null
04-07-2009, 6:17 AM
Nadia

Did you get an owner's manual with your machine? If not why not contact Universal and order one. I think it'll save you a lot of grief.

Dan Hintz
04-07-2009, 7:53 AM
Nadia,

I don't know about the smaller units, but with my PLS you need to specify what each color is (raster, vector, or raster/vector). If you have raster specified for red, no vector, well, that's what you'll get.

A second way to tell is watch the carriage. If the carriage is always going back and forth, that's raster. If it's following the outline of something directly, both forward and backward, that's vector.