PDA

View Full Version : Just saying Hello

Gary Max
07-27-2004, 5:30 AM
Hello folks---I am new to this site.
Thought I would give this a try and say Hey to everyone and try a couple of pics.
Lets see if this works.
My wife and I build stuff out of Cedar.
These are pics of some bowls that just got done. :)

John Lach
07-27-2004, 7:18 AM
Hey Gary (Cedar Guy),
Welcome to SMC and those are some awesome looking bowls - Really nice looking finish too!!

John

John Miliunas
07-27-2004, 7:41 AM
Hi Gary,
Nice to see you made the trip to SMC! Welcome aboard, my friend! :) Hey, I already knew you were the Cedar King, but I thought you mainly did flat work! The round stuff is a surprise for me! :D Nice stuff and yeah, what DO you use for finish? Anyhow, great having you out here. Stop often and stay long AND, I see I don't even have to badger you about posting pics! :D (Well, OK...I will anyway: Let's see some flat work pics, too! :o ) :cool:

Gary Whitt
07-27-2004, 7:47 AM
Welcome to SMC, Gary.

Very nice-looking bowls.

Gary Max
07-27-2004, 8:07 AM
I cheat John-----My will does all the finish work.
The bowls are all finished by hand useing poly some may have as many as 20 coats all have at least 10. Margie--(wife)--sands them down with 320 grit between each coat.

Kelly C. Hanna
07-27-2004, 8:13 AM
I love working with aromatic cedar...you make great looking bowls! Welcome to the Creek!

Jim Becker
07-27-2004, 8:25 AM
Welcome aboard, Gary! You just arrived and are already "bowl-ing" us over with pics of your very nice work... :D

Bob Hovde
07-27-2004, 8:42 AM
Beautiful bowls! - and a wife that finishes them! Life is good! :)
Welcome to the Creek.

Bob

Dick Parr
07-27-2004, 8:56 AM
Wecome to the Creek Gary,

Looking at your pictures anwered a question I have had about how ceder looks turned. A friend has offered me as much ceder as I want because he and some others are cutting down 150 trees. The only problems is I still haven't found out from him if it is aromatic or not. :confused:

Nice looking bowls.

Lou Morrissette
07-27-2004, 4:28 PM
Real nice work, Gary. Welcome aboard.:D

Michael Ballent
07-27-2004, 4:35 PM
Welcome aboard to SMC... Nice bowls and hats off to the finisher :D