PDA

View Full Version : NC Gathering?

George Summers
03-18-2003, 6:44 PM
Some of you will recall that for the last couple of years I have tried, unsuccessfully, to organize a 'Ponder' gathering in central NC. I will try again this year with SawMillCreek and WoodCentral.

On June 28th, the Masonic Home For Children In Oxford has a big family oriented parade, serves 8000-10000 fried chicken dinners and has semi-name entertainment. The parade consists of all the parade units (mini cars, clowns, mini trucks, horses, hillbillys, etc etc) from the three Shrine temples in NC. A real family and kid oriented parade. Parade runs from about 10AM til noon from downtown to the campus. Fried chicken dinner on the grounds at noon (believe it or not, it only take about five minutes to go through the food line) with regional entertainment until about 2PM. This year's semi-name entertainment is Doug Stone

http://www.countrystars.com/index.html?/artists/dstone.html

(The address keeps coming up wrong, Just go to countrystars.com and search for Doug Stone)

and will perform at about 2PM.

I have thought that all could bring their families, or come alone, and after the entertainment, meet at my shop which is about 5-10 minutes away from the home. Then take it from there. If enough want some kind of supper eats, there is a Food Loin down the road where we could buy hamburger or hotdogs.

Let me now if there is any interest from North Carolinians or southern Virginians.

George

George Summers
03-18-2003, 6:49 PM
The parade, the chicken dinner and all entertainment is free.

George

Tom Sweeney
03-18-2003, 11:04 PM
I'd love to come down but am already over my days off quota. I also seriously doubt I could convince LOML - too much to do around here this summer.

Hope it happens & y'all have fun :D

Ruby in NC
03-19-2003, 4:33 AM
Hi George,

I hope to get there this year, if Murphy leaves me alone. Keep your fingers crossed.

Regards,
Ruby

Tom Sweeney
03-19-2003, 12:20 PM
Murphy's got his hands full with me right now - doubt if he has any time to bother anyone else :(