PDA

View Full Version : Woodsmith Square Update

Martin Shupe
07-26-2004, 10:44 PM
No doubt some of you out there ordered the 25th anniversary Woodsmith Squares as I did. Although they were supposed to be done "in time for Father's Day", they are just a little bit behind schedule. ;)

I talked to Woodsmith today, and they confirmed that the initial order was "overwhelming". They also confirmed that they had begun shipping orders, but then dropped the bad news...some of the squares that had been shipped were, well, not square! :eek:

They have issued a recall on all of the orginal shipments, and are going to correct the problem and then reship. I joked with her that I might get my squares by Christmas, but she did not seem amused.

So...I think there will be a letter or postcard to each person that ordered explaining the situation, but the bottom line is that you shouldn't expect to see your squares anytime soon. I told her I was not in any hurry, but would like to get them someday.

David Hayes
07-27-2004, 1:45 PM
Martin,
Thanks for the update. I have been patiently waiting for my set but I guess I am glad that they are committed to doing them right instead of just filling the orders with "rushed" products that don't meet the stated accuracy.
I imagine with all the calls about where the squares are and then the calls about the squares not being square, Bridge City Tools' phone answerer has probably lost a little of his/her sense of humor. I know I would have.
Dave

Ed Hardin
07-27-2004, 2:53 PM
I'm waiting like you. I'll bet if there's a 50th anniversary it won't be square.