PDA

View Full Version : In-wall Stereo Cabinet

Scott Coffelt
07-26-2004, 5:05 PM
I built for a client a few months back but forgot to take pics. Stopped by last week and here is a shot. It is made from Oak painted gloss black. Glass shelves and a light to add a little accent. The clients 1.2 basement is behind the cabinet, so I built a rear access door and it has built in wire management, exhaust fan and power. Eventually, he wants a DVD storage unit built along side it.

Oh, and the turn table slides out for easy access.

Dick Parr
07-26-2004, 5:35 PM
Nice job Scott, it looks good.

Steve Clardy
07-26-2004, 7:27 PM
Looks great Scott. Yea, it's black alright.

Jim Becker
07-26-2004, 8:47 PM
Very nice cabinet and installation. (My turntable is still in a box from moving here...4 1/2 years ago!)

Kelly C. Hanna
07-27-2004, 8:28 AM
Very nice work. I like building stereo cabinets and entertainment centers. I am finally able to start the finish work on my Red Oak entertainment "wall". I should have pics up by the end of this week.

Kelly C. Hanna
07-27-2004, 8:37 AM
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I love having a turntable, we collect albums and although we have CD's and music DVD's, we have the most fun listening to the vinyl.

I have built several slide out shelves for other people's turntables, BTW and everyone loves them. I like your use of glass shelves, too.!

Scott Coffelt
07-27-2004, 10:31 AM
Actually vinyl is starting to make a comeback, at least I have seen more adds for turntables in many years.

Wes Bischel
07-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Scott,

I really like the style of the cabinet. And after fighting with wiring too many times, I'm sure your client will want to kiss you for the rear access door! :D

Wes

Scott Coffelt
07-27-2004, 10:39 AM
He just pays people to come figure it out, he has one heck of a system and really doesn't know much about making it work. The rear access is the only way to build these things. I've seen at least 2 built-in's on new model homes that have no access, when the components get in it is just too dang tight to do anything.

Byron Trantham
07-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Nice cabinet. Truly looks built in.

I like vinyl as well. We have over 300 albums most of which have been played maybe 4 time each! :eek: "In the old days" I used to record them to reel-to-reel and put them away. Now my turntable sits next to my computer and I rip them to MP3s. Time consuming, but fun. :D