PDA

View Full Version : A small gloat and thanks to a good kid

Andy Bardowell
04-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Finally got my PM66 setup and running. This saw was a beast to get down to my basement shop especially since there was a short landing on the stairs. A good appliance dolly with strap did the trick but even with the top and rails removed it was as they said in the 60’s heavy man; I actually had second thoughts about buying it.

I wish you guys could have seen it, it was comical and you would have had a good laugh, me holding the weight and navigating the steps one step at a time (resting on each one) and my son Anthony holding on from the bottom. Of course he couldn’t really get under it and hold a lot of the weight for me because I kept telling him that if the saw got away to get the hell out of the way as quick as he could.

I’ve got you now you bugger I thought then about half way down I get this massive cramp and my son starts freaking out thinking I was having a heart attack and me screaming that it wasn’t and to keep going. After all why would he freak out I’m turning 50, grimacing and groaning in pain and sweating profusely come on!

Thank you Anthony, who’s turning 20 in June, not a kid anymore.

Love Dad

David G Baker
04-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Great set up. Another testimonial to the wisdom of paying a mover to do the heavy work. :D I am 65 and still move heavy stuff by myself but am learning more each day about the limitations of old age.