PDA

View Full Version : Bosch router bits, any good? Gloat maybe?

Eric Roberge
04-05-2009, 11:11 AM
I was looking into purchasing that molding set at Peachtree for $35, but already had all but the Ogee edge forming bit. (So here is where this turns into a gloat.)
I was at my local Lowes and as always, scanned the tool isle. I was looking at the router bits when this edge forming bit looked out of place. I couldn't find the sku number anywhere on the wall display, so I had a guy scan it to find the price. $24.99...reg $49.99. He said that it was 50% off for some reason. The package had never been opened, so It came home with me. I ran some test cuts and it's pretty slick.:D
In the past I've noticed that some bits have to be special ordered. My thinking is that someone ordered it and never picked it up, thus the 50% off. Anyone use Bosch bits? They seem nice so far.

Oh, they also seem to be closing out their larger bits. They had some Bosch raised panel bits for $42.99... reg.$95.99.

Sorry for the poor pic, but I had to keep with tradition.:)

Steve Rozmiarek
04-05-2009, 12:02 PM
That is gloat worthy! I like the older Bosch bits a lot, they are a lighter blue. The new ones like yours seem fine too. Especially for that price.