PDA

View Full Version : PhotoGrav?

Kevin Baker
04-05-2009, 8:39 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'm close to purchasing Photograv 3.0, but have read (I think) where ULS maybe coming out with an updated driver that may Photograv unnecessary. I can wait if this is the case, but didn't want to drop 400 buck for nothing.

Thanks,
Kevin

Dan Hintz
04-05-2009, 9:30 AM
It was supposed to be announced as 'ready' at ARA last month, but the time passed... they're still tweaking it, but I imagine it will be out later this year. Personally, I think your time would be better spent learning how to create photos without it... you learn a lot about how the laser operates on different substrates that way.

Scott Shepherd
04-05-2009, 9:58 AM
If it were me, I'd spend the $400 towards Photoshop. You can accomplish something very close, plus you'll get all sorts of other benefits.

Just my opinion.

Tim Bateson
04-05-2009, 10:48 AM
My 2 cents:
There is nothing simple or magical about PhotoGrav. It's not an out of the box, solve the riddle, engrave the perfect picture tool. It's capabilities are overstated even after you have mastered it's use.
I'm not saying it's totally useless, I do use it on rare occations. However knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have wasted my money. At $400 it's over priced by about $350.05. Given that, then it's a fantastic tool for $49.95.

Kevin Baker
04-05-2009, 4:20 PM
Thanks guys.... glad I asked. I do like the ideal of doing it without Photograv... guess it's time to roll up the sleeves...

Thanks again,
Kevin