PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Tourney

John Fricke
04-04-2009, 10:57 PM
I realize this is wayyyyyyyyy off topic but I wanted to give props to My Sparty's for making it to the finals.

GO GREEN!!!!!

Ron Jones near Indy
04-04-2009, 11:34 PM
I was glad to see MS down UCONN, but I feel they will lose the ACC/Big Ten Challenge for the 2nd time this season.

John Fricke
04-04-2009, 11:39 PM
NC is mighty strong. Sparty's playing on a whole diffrent level now. I think it will be much different game than last time. May very well have the same outcome, but I think NC will know they were in a battle.

Ron Jones near Indy
04-05-2009, 12:38 AM
I agree--my guess is 7 to 12 pts. But hey, it's one game on one night. Anything can happen. They are both playing really well and either will be a good champion. I just think Carolina is a little better. I don't care what they say, the crowd will be a factor.

Keith Starosta
04-05-2009, 8:34 AM
When you cut me, I bleed Maize & Blue, so I wouldn't be heart-broken if Sparty takes a loss tomorrow night. What I'm most happy about is the excitement and short-term distraction this has brought to a beat-up city and region. To have the Final Four in Detroit, at Ford Field, is cool enough...but to have one of the "Hometown Teams" playing in their own backyard is awesome!

I'll say this only once....and as God is my witness, it'll never happen again, but...

GO GREEN!!!

Jon Grider
04-05-2009, 3:59 PM
Like Keith, I'm a fan of UM.However I'm delighted that MSU goes to the championship game. This poor state needs a lift[besides the Redwings]. MSU may surprise the naysayers.They beat Kansas, last years national champs. They beat the Louisville team many experts said was the best team in the tourney. They smoked UConn another 1 seed and strong contender. Tom Izzo has this team ready at the right time and I feel like MSU enjoys the underdog role. Izzo's always had a strong TEAM approach to the game and this years team exemplifies that concept. BTW, according to the media, this dance was to be dominated by the Big East. Those teams get to watch the Championship game on their big screens now.So, I'll say it for the good of our great state.....Go GREEN and WHITE!

John Fricke
04-05-2009, 4:38 PM
Hey Keith,

You should print out that "GO GREEN" statement, frame it and hang it on your wall as a testament to your one moment of sanity. LOL just kidding ya bud, rivalry is good and thanks for your support.

Joe Cunningham
04-06-2009, 9:16 AM
My Alma Mater (UConn) got taken out by an excellent team. I wish State all the best and hope they can pull off the upset tonight.

Our women's team is a machine and I can't see Louisville changing that.

Joe Pelonio
04-06-2009, 9:42 AM
A good friend of ours, now in California, is an alum of Michigan State, and a big fan. Same with his wife. I have not called him yet to avoid jinxing the team!

Mike Null
04-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Go Green from a loyal Buckeye!

Rob Russell
04-06-2009, 3:40 PM
All I know is that the Women's championship game could be interesting. If Louisville gets their dander up after being flattened by UConn both times this season, it could be a good game. OTOH, if Louisville isn't playing their best and Geno's gals are out to make a point - it could be another runaway game.