PDA

View Full Version : Tool Review: Woodcraft shop scissors...

Clisby Clark
04-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I know scissors aren't considered a "cool" tool, but I bought these: http://www.woodcraft.com/product.aspx?ProductID=148708&FamilyID=20533

from Woodcraft as a throw in to get my order total up to get a discount. They are made in the USA and perform extremely well. The description says they will cut through the Woodcraft catalog-I believe it. Now they are even less than what I paid for them. Guess I'll have to call WC and get a credit-they've done very well for me in the past on such requests.

Rich Engelhardt
04-05-2009, 4:25 AM
Hello,
Nice score!

You're right though, a good set of shears/scissors is such a pedestrian tool, most people don't ever consider anything beyond the dollar store or HF ones worthwhile.

More years back than I care to remember, I hung wallpaper for a living.
A good set of shears was one of the tools I invested in @ the time.
(The other being a plastic knife holder w/a magnet that you safety pin to your bibs.)
Darned if I can find either of them now:confused:

Larry Fox
04-05-2009, 9:15 AM
I keep a couple of pairs lying around the shop at all times and use them quite frequently. I buy mine at tackle stores that sell salt-water gear. Red Drum tackle shop on the outer banks I know has them for about $1.00 a pair and I buy a handful whenever I am there. When they get dull I throw them away. Very handy to have around.