PDA

View Full Version : Router lift

Alfred Hoffmann
04-04-2009, 1:54 PM
I am thinking of upgrading my router table by installing a router lift. Does anyone have experience with the Rockler "Aluminum Router Lift FX"?

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21380&filter=23194&pn=23194

I have a PC890 router. It originally could be adjusted from the top but the mechanism is busted. The design apparently isn't to robust.
Any comment would be appreciated.

Ellen Benkin
04-04-2009, 2:32 PM
I have the same router and was always disappointed because the router "jumped" everytime you locked it down. I got what I think was a Jessem lift at Rockler -- the least expensive one -- which may now be the same one you are looking at. At least it has a lot of Rockler blue in the design. It works perfectly for me in a home shop environment. The router stays in the lift forever and it is relatively easy to install bits. Adjusting it is very easy and the adjustments stay where you set them. I've been happy with it and the only improvement would be to make bit changes easier -- but then that's my complaint with all routers.

Fred Hargis
04-04-2009, 2:52 PM
For that much money, you could just buy another router with built in height adjustment, and maybe have a better setup...like the Milwaukee series.