PDA

View Full Version : Laser 36 EXT laser Alignment

Dave Russell Smith
04-04-2009, 12:59 PM
:mad: Hi just having a few teething problems with my new machine just over a week old, I have just replaced the I-beam and need too align up the laser ,but I have no instructions on how to go about this and I guess Epilog is closed for the weekend :(. I see there is some sort of method on the maintenance button on the dashboard, any ideas

Dave Johnson29
04-04-2009, 3:07 PM
need too align up the laser ,but I have no instructions on how to go about this and I guess Epilog is closed for the weekend

Hi Dave,

In a thread yesterday or the day before someone gave a link to the user manual online. See if you can find the link and there may be instructions there. Didn't you get a manual?

Bill Jermyn
04-04-2009, 5:27 PM
I sent you a PM

Peck Sidara
04-04-2009, 6:34 PM
Dave-sent you PM as well. I'm hanging out with our tech support supervisor tonight so give me a call before we have one too many drinks.

Dave Russell Smith
04-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Ok got it sorted just had to think about it logically, laser up and running and all is ok yes I do have a manual but it just points out the button on the control panel but that is it. page 204 I think but anyway everything is normal at the moment :)

Larry Bratton
04-05-2009, 6:09 PM
Ok got it sorted just had to think about it logically, laser up and running and all is ok yes I do have a manual but it just points out the button on the control panel but that is it. page 204 I think but anyway everything is normal at the moment :)
Been there, done it. Not that simple. If you do have to align it and have never done it before, suggest you call Epilog tech support and let them walk with you through the procedure. It involves removing panels, finding adjustment screws etc. Good luck.

Dave Russell Smith
04-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Been there, done it. Not that simple. If you do have to align it and have never done it before, suggest you call Epilog tech support and let them walk with you through the procedure. It involves removing panels, finding adjustment screws etc. Good luck.
I removed the right panel and exposed the the end of the I-beam where the mirror sits, I put the target down into the laser head then adjusted the mirror angle via three little adjustment screws until it was dead center of target, unfortunately my problem has come back so its back to the guy's at Epilog to come up with a solution. They have been outstanding with there tech support and I cannot recommend them enough, the old saying comes to mind "You get what you pay for" :rolleyes: