PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone manufacture black T / Miter track?

Lewis Cobb
04-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi -

Rockler's track is blue, Hartville's is red, Incra's is gold and Lee Valley's is silver. Does anyone know of a source for t and miter track that is black anodized?

Thanks.

Lewis

Phil Thien
04-04-2009, 2:11 PM
I can't answer the color question. But I will say that I found the Incra miter track more uniform than the Rockler I tried.

Lewis Cobb
04-04-2009, 8:07 PM
I can't answer the color question. But I will say that I found the Incra miter track more uniform than the Rockler I tried.

Hi Phil - what do you mean by uniform - better tolerances on the dimensions over it's length?

Phil Thien
04-04-2009, 8:12 PM
Hi Phil - what do you mean by uniform - better tolerances on the dimensions over it's length?

Yep. With the Rockler, adjusting my miter gauge was frustrating because in some spots it was snug, in others it was loose. I could have had a bad piece, but the Incra was perfect.

Lewis Cobb
04-04-2009, 8:23 PM
Yep. With the Rockler, adjusting my miter gauge was frustrating because in some spots it was snug, in others it was loose. I could have had a bad piece, but the Incra was perfect.

Right, well I'll keep that in mind for future reference. Thanks.

Ron Bontz
04-04-2009, 9:59 PM
Well if you find some black t-miter, let me know. I wouldn't mind having some of that myself.:)

Mike Wilkins
04-06-2009, 9:15 AM
I think the Woodworkers Supply store has black tracks.

Lewis Cobb
04-07-2009, 9:11 AM
I think the Woodworkers Supply store has black tracks.

Had a dig around the website but didn't see anything. Searching continues....

Ben Davis
04-07-2009, 9:27 AM
Have you looked at local machine / tool & die companies? You'll probably be able to get it in any color of the rainbow. You can always powder coat stuff too.