PDA

View Full Version : first payment:D

larry merlau
07-26-2004, 10:19 AM
:D well i know that the main requirement is to have pic's to show on here and i havnt paid any of the tab yet so i am sending one along this time to help defray the interest costs :) i havnt sent any along previously cause they dont meet the rest of you folks quality. maybe someday i can make the grade or at least "C"//i tried to upload a pic that is in a previous thread and it wont allow me to do so again? it was in the thread (proper rail and style). so i need help in learning how to post pics i quess :confused:

Mike Cutler
07-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Larry. This a copy of the post by John Miliunas that I used as directions to post pictures for the first time
"Attachments are pretty easy here at SMC, though. First, make sure your jpg isn't more that 100kb in size and it should max out at either 600 pixels horizontal. When you're done with your text, go to the "Additional Options" at the bottom of the post page and hit the "Manage Attachments" buttom. When the next winder shows up, "browse" to the file on your machine, select it, then hit the "upload" buttom. It usually takes a bit before it appears. If you have more pics (up to 5), repeat the procedure. When you're done, hit "close this window". Unfortunately, you can't "preview post" after that to actually see it. Just hit the "Submit Reply" button and you should see the actual post. If you need to edit, you can do so afterwards. Good luck!"

Dick Parr
07-26-2004, 2:52 PM
Nothing wrong with that piece of furniture Larry. :p Very nice!

Shelley Bolster
07-26-2004, 3:10 PM
Hey Larry, I think you've reduced the size of your "tab" by a fair bit with that pic. You certainly deserve a better mark than a C in my books! You are most definately under-estimating your talent. :) What are the woods you used - the panels look very much like Juniper - but of course I'm wood illiterate.:o Thanks for sharing.

Shelley

Lou Morrissette
07-26-2004, 7:08 PM
Nice job Larry. Looks great.;)

John Shuk
07-26-2004, 7:13 PM
Larry,
I'd say paid in full. Very nice piece.
John

Ken Fitzgerald
07-26-2004, 7:15 PM
Larry, looks good to me! I like the contrasting woods and the figures in the darker wood!:D

Jim Ketron
07-26-2004, 7:49 PM
Great Job Larry!!
Whats the wood you used?
Looks like you used red cedar for the panels?
And white oak?
Jim

larry merlau
07-27-2004, 7:58 AM
Hey Larry, I think you've reduced the size of your "tab" by a fair bit with that pic. You certainly deserve a better mark than a C in my books! You are most definately under-estimating your talent. :) What are the woods you used - the panels look very much like Juniper - but of course I'm wood illiterate.:o Thanks for sharing.

Shelley
i used red oak for the main carcas and aromatic red cedar for the panels, back, and bottom floor. had 4 coats of wipe on poly. the cedar acted like a sponge and will pretreat next time. see a old dog can learn new tricks from the wisdom offered here ;) thanks for the replies

Kelly C. Hanna
07-27-2004, 8:18 AM
Nice chest! I'd say your tab has been paid!http://sawmillcreek.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Jim Becker
07-27-2004, 8:21 AM
Very attractive with that nice contrast on the panels! I look forward to seeing more of your work, Larry.

larry merlau
07-27-2004, 8:33 AM
Very attractive with that nice contrast on the panels! I look forward to seeing more of your work, Larry.

thanks jim, and after i get a handle on using the hvlp i will post some more in the future

Don Selke
07-28-2004, 1:09 PM
Hey Larry:
Very nice piece of furniture, very professional work that you can really be proud of. By the way, I knew I seen your picture before, it was in a "ZZ Top video".