PDA

View Full Version : Making a Movie

Rory Talkington
04-03-2009, 12:51 PM
I would like to make a "movie" and put it on discs to hand out at a family reunion this summer. I would like to import numerous still photos and at least one short video and with some narration. My question is...is there a software program I can purchase or a website to check out or an existing technique already available to help out?? Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.

Frank Trinkle
04-03-2009, 1:02 PM
Yup! For Windows, the best is Adobe Premiere Elements 7. Lets you mix both and is both simple and powerful.

Alternatively for Windows, you can check out Pinnacle Studio which is another easy but powerful program.

You can compare the non-professional software for Windows at:

http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

If you're on a Mac, then Movie Maker which is included in iLife, or Final Cut Express which is stand alone.

For instructional videos on editing... check out the myriad of video "how-to's" about video editing on YouTube

Good Luck

Joe Pelonio
04-03-2009, 1:05 PM
It seems like that could be an application for MS Powerpoint or PhotoStory.
Many of the photo software that comes with digital cameras also allows for saving a slideshow to disc.

Another option that we like is snapfish dot com/ which is an HP site, that allows you to upload photos and have them print up and bind a really nice book, we used it for wedding picture books as gifts and as a coffee table book.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-03-2009, 3:38 PM
Roxio makes some software that does this. My wife uses their version that came with our Dell computer 5 years ago.

Jim Becker
04-03-2009, 8:57 PM
There are some excellent online sites for this in addition to the software products mentioned. (I use Adobe Premier Elements, myself) OneTrueMedia, Photobucket, etc., all have video/photovid capabilities.

Tim Morton
04-03-2009, 9:05 PM
If you're on a Mac, then Movie Maker which is included in iLife, or Final Cut Express which is stand alone.

MOVIE MAKER is a PC app....i think you are referring to iMovie:D

Jim Kountz
04-03-2009, 11:41 PM
I have Sony Vegas and Corel Videostudio 12, both have a little more of a learning curve than some of the others mentioned but are more powerful too so its a trade off to me. I have used Cyberlink Powerdirector and Adobe Premiere and they too are excellent for video editing and movie making. If you want something really simple and easy to use check out Windows Movie Maker. If you dive into that little program that comes with XP you will be amazed at what it can do. More than whats on the surface actually.

Rory Talkington
04-06-2009, 2:50 PM
Appreciate all the great recommendations....Thanks!

Bob Moyer
04-06-2009, 3:05 PM
I have Sony Vegas and Corel Videostudio 12, both have a little more of a learning curve than some of the others mentioned but are more powerful too so its a trade off to me. I have used Cyberlink Powerdirector and Adobe Premiere and they too are excellent for video editing and movie making. If you want something really simple and easy to use check out Windows Movie Maker. If you dive into that little program that comes with XP you will be amazed at what it can do. More than whats on the surface actually.

I also use Sony Vegas and Corel VideoStudio X2, I do a lot with stills, music, lyrics etc.