PDA

View Full Version : Wanted a new/used A/V Surround Receiver

John Weber
07-25-2004, 11:05 PM
Ok, guys I use to work for Philips so I had an ok set-up. Well my receiver is fried. One channel is basically shot, although I was able to restore it once my reseating the volume control circuit board. More recently the display has become so dim it’s almost impossible to see. The other components were/are much better then the receiver, and they had an integrated system buss that allowed all the components to work off one remote, something I think I'll loose with a new receiver. So, anyone have a good 100 amp Dolby 5.1 receiver left after upgrading to a new system. I run a five speaker set, without a sub at this point. We don’t watch/listen enough to spend a bunch, but it would be nice if we had something that worked well. Or any great values available new? Any brand is fine, just looking for good quality, great sound, user friendly, and the basic features, oh yeah plenty of power… I’ve looked on ebay, and prices are good, but I’m not sure about buying a used or even new receiver on the bay.

Any ideas, thought are appreciated.

Thanks - John

Doug Jones
07-26-2004, 5:31 AM
If a Denon 4802 is a bit too pricey, I'd look at the of Onkyo TX-NR 900.

Tony Sade
07-26-2004, 1:28 PM
John-I'd check out ebay-there's a ton of home electronic stuff for sale over there, plenty at reasonable prices. HTH,

Bart Sharp
07-26-2004, 2:48 PM
Ok, guys I use to work for Philips so I had an ok set-up. Well my receiver is fried. One channel is basically shot, although I was able to restore it once my reseating the volume control circuit board. More recently the display has become so dim it’s almost impossible to see. The other components were/are much better then the receiver, and they had an integrated system buss that allowed all the components to work off one remote, something I think I'll loose with a new receiver. So, anyone have a good 100 amp Dolby 5.1 receiver left after upgrading to a new system. I run a five speaker set, without a sub at this point. We don’t watch/listen enough to spend a bunch, but it would be nice if we had something that worked well. Or any great values available new? Any brand is fine, just looking for good quality, great sound, user friendly, and the basic features, oh yeah plenty of power… I’ve looked on ebay, and prices are good, but I’m not sure about buying a used or even new receiver on the bay.

Any ideas, thought are appreciated.

Thanks - John

Good timing, we're moving into a little apartment and won't have room for our surround sound anymore. I'll check the specifics tonight when I get home and send you a PM. I know it's a Sony and it is Dolby 5.1, but I have no idea what model.

Doug Littlejohn
07-27-2004, 8:57 PM
John, we upgraded some time ago and I do have a SS receiver Dolpy 5.1 pro logic, that I am not using.

I'll check it out tonight and post the info tomorrow.