PDA

View Full Version : Keith, we need a reviews forum :)

Dan Hintz
04-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Popped into my small brain yesterday evening after posting my (relatively) short review of the Wacom Intuos4 Tablet. I could come up with a specified format to help out those who aren't in touch with their inner Shakespeare, and that would help keep each review on track and ensure the pertinent information was included. The reviews would obviously have a personal slant, but they would be open to comments from other users who may have a differing viewpoint.

I'm not talking just laser or computer related stuff, either. I wouldn't mind seeing a review on multiple printers used for dye sublimation, different CNC routers or power/hand tools, accessories, etc. If possible, we could color code threads for computers/electronics, shop equipment, power tools, hand tools, etc., and possibly give people the option of sorting by thread type (if I'm a wood worker, maybe I just want to see hand tool reviews).

Sound useful?

Angus Hines
04-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Dan this is going to be a big part of the shop tours module that Aaron and Keith are putting together.

Not only will you be able to search say handtools but, then you can narrow that to something more specfic like "Stanly #4 plane" and read about who here has one and what they think of it.

Dan Hintz
04-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Great minds think alike :) I'm happy to offer up reviews of the equipment I have as well as play moderator for that section, if need be. I've put together quite a few equipment manuals and reviews over the years, so it looks like those straight A's in English weren't just luck ;-) I can put together a template to help people write reviews, if you'd like...

Don Abele
04-03-2009, 3:47 PM
Dan, you mean something like this:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13

This is the Woodworking Articles and Reviews Forum.

Be well,

Doc