PDA

View Full Version : Shop Vac - follow up

Dave Bonde
04-03-2009, 12:00 AM
A few days ago I asked a question about getting a new shop vac. I was not happy with the amount of dust exiting my current vac. The good people here recommended adding a CleanStream filter and/or a mini cyclone to the system as well.
I can say that both pieces of advice were dead on. I received my filter yesterday and the performance was excellent. I had no dust exiting the vac and was very happy with the filters performance. After looking at the mini cyclones I had also ordered a dust deputy and it arrived today. I just ordered the cyclone (plastic) and attached it to a bucket myself and can echo what others have said. It works as advertised and I am EXTREMLY happy with my new setup. Thanks to everyone that responded. Dave

Cory Hoehn
04-03-2009, 9:35 AM
Glad to hear the solutions worked out well. I have been putting off getting a dust deputy but I'm going to have to breakdown and do it. I've got a two stage separator lid from Woodcraft that does ok, but I'm sure the dust deputy will blow it away.

Brad Townsend
04-03-2009, 2:56 PM
I just got the plastic Dust Deputy kit about a month ago and I love it. Since nothing was getting into the vacuum or filter, I no longer needed access to it. I moved it to an inconvenient location in my attic and did a run of 2" schedule 40 PVC into my shop to the Dust Deputy. I now have the suck without the noise and it's great!:D