PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Threads

Danny Hamsley
04-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Is there a way to preferentially call up threads that you have posted in, or do you have to sort through them all?

Frank Hagan
04-02-2009, 11:11 PM
You can use Advanced Search and then search for all posts by your username (top right) and then select a time period under the "Find Posts From" section (near the bottom on the left). Using "Your Last Visit" doesn't work well, but "Yesterday" and newer will if you've been gone a day,

Ken Fitzgerald
04-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Danny,

Welcome to the Creek!

Click on your name on this thread or your name in the upper right corner of the page. This will take you to your public profile. Select the "Statistics" tab and then select "Find all posts by Danny Hamskey". This will give you a list of threads that you have posted in and you can select a post and it will take you to that thread.

Danny Hamsley
04-02-2009, 11:24 PM
I knew that it would be easy and thanks for the welcome!

Frank Hagan
04-02-2009, 11:29 PM
There's another way to do it if you want to have a permanent link to show the last week's threads that Frank Hagan has posted in ... type this in the address bar of your browser:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/search.php?do=process&searchuser=Frank%20Hagan&starteronly=0&searchdate=7&beforeafter=after&showposts=0

You could edit a bookmark to reflect that string ... putting your username where you see "Frank%20Hagan" (the "%20" is the space in the name) and 1, 7, 14, etc. for the number of days to search back.

Danny Hamsley
04-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Outstanding! That works like a charm.

Jeff Dege
04-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Is there a way to preferentially call up threads that you have posted in, or do you have to sort through them all?
What I've been doing is subscribing to every thread I post in. Select "Subscribe to this post" from "Thread tools".

Then to search for new posts in your subscribed threads, click on "User CP".