PDA

View Full Version : Curly Ambrosia Vase/HF

George Guadiane
04-02-2009, 10:03 PM
I finally started getting some things finished...
This vase was hollowed with my RP "Monster" (I love that tool!).
Finished with water based poly
8 1/4 inches high by 6 inches in diameter.
As Always, Comments, Critique and Questions Always Welcome

Bernie Weishapl
04-02-2009, 10:09 PM
George nothing to critique. The vase is a beauty out of some really beautiful wood.

Chris Rae
04-02-2009, 10:42 PM
That is really nice!!! Great wood, great form, great finish, it's a winner!
Chris

Steve Schlumpf
04-02-2009, 11:10 PM
George - that is beautiful! Love the wood and the form!

Nothing to critique as far as the HF but would like to offer my opinion on the photos. I would like to see more of a side fill light and less use of direct overhead lights. The overhead lights result in small glare spots and those can be distracting from the turning. The use of side fill lighting would allow for small controlled shadows which (hopefully) give the piece even more of a 3-D look by adding depth. The frontal lighting could be bounced to illuminate the subject without causing a glare problem. Just wanted to throw all that out there for you to consider. I am not an expert... just offering my opinion.

As always - another great turning! Looking forward to seeing what you turn next!

Ken Fitzgerald
04-02-2009, 11:19 PM
George...I think you nailed it all....wood...form and finish! Nicely done Sir!

Robert McGowen
04-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Very pleasing shape, George, and some excellent wood.

George Guadiane
04-03-2009, 9:14 AM
George - that is beautiful! Love the wood and the form!

Nothing to critique as far as the HF but would like to offer my opinion on the photos. I would like to see more of a side fill light and less use of direct overhead lights. The overhead lights result in small glare spots and those can be distracting from the turning. The use of side fill lighting would allow for small controlled shadows which (hopefully) give the piece even more of a 3-D look by adding depth. The frontal lighting could be bounced to illuminate the subject without causing a glare problem. Just wanted to throw all that out there for you to consider. I am not an expert... just offering my opinion.

As always - another great turning! Looking forward to seeing what you turn next!
Thanks everyone!
Steve,
A better photo booth is on my radar. I use the one that I have for my eBay selling. Most of the stuff I sell is small and not reflective, so it works great. For this... Not so much, but it's better than nothing till I get/make the time to go to the next level.

Nathan Hawkes
04-03-2009, 9:38 AM
Nice wood, and nice form & finish. Looks good!

robert hainstock
04-03-2009, 9:56 AM
I always look forward to your turnings, they "please " the eye, as do the the Greek art. Attaboy! :D:D
Bob

Dennis Peacock
04-03-2009, 2:45 PM
I like it....very nice piece indeed.!!!! :cool: