PDA

View Full Version : Idea for local home show

Tim Baude
04-02-2009, 7:22 PM
I have a friend who owns a paving business. He will be doing his first Home Show in a couple of weeks and would like to give away some things. Some are easy, I am going to engrave some BBQ sets. I would like to do some other things.....I have thought about using black texture romark. Looks like tar, maybe some round 2 its.... Does anyone have any suggestions that might match up with what he does? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

Bob Young
04-02-2009, 7:35 PM
You could engrave and cut the romark so that it looks like a paved road, with center line and fog lines on each side. Just a thought.

Dee Gallo
04-02-2009, 8:53 PM
How about making a sanding block or sanding file? You can engrave whatever his info is on the wood side and glue sandpaper to the other side. I used to make dioramas and used black wet/dry sandpaper for asphalt all the time. Paint a dotted yellow line down the middle, 2 white lines on the sides and you're done!

Could work on round tuits too.

Small, useful, unique, memorable. Just the type of thing to give away to DIYers ... and cheap!

cheers, dee

Dan Hintz
04-02-2009, 9:41 PM
Find some natural stone tiles, the kind that are 5x5 or 6x6 smaller tiles in a 12x12 matrix. Cut them into individual tiles and etch each one like a business card. Not the lightest thing to cart around if you have a bunch of them to give away, but definitely a somewhat unique item.