PDA

View Full Version : I can see!

Joe Pelonio
04-02-2009, 6:39 PM
:D

I have gone 18 months with the same glasses. When I went in for a checkup the Dr. remarked about how scratched up they were. When I clean them I have them off, and can't really see scratches very well.

I just picked up the new ones and the difference is amazing, a whole new world out there!

Mitchell Andrus
04-02-2009, 6:53 PM
I'm considering adding some scratches to mine. The view in NJ isn't that great.

OK.... OK. There ARE some places in NJ that are very lovely.

Brian Effinger
04-02-2009, 9:33 PM

I'm kinda partial to Cape May. Very beautiful & worth seeing.

Jim O'Dell
04-02-2009, 9:34 PM
Joe, I did that too. Friends would ask me when I was getting new ones. Mine had even taken a glancing blow from a garage door spring that I thought had a security cable in it. Got them pretty good. Plus dogs swiping them off my face a few times sending them sliding across the concrete.
But yes, the new ones make the world a wonderful place again. Jim.

Dennis Peacock
04-03-2009, 2:34 PM
Nothing like new glasses Joe to help us see things better.!!!! Congrats on the new specs.!!

Dan Mages
04-03-2009, 6:17 PM

Yeah... like the border on the way out. :rolleyes:

I remember when I had lasik done the doc asked me to read the clock on the other side of the room as I was getting off the procedure machine... it was stunning out quickly I could see!

Dan

Jim Becker
04-03-2009, 8:47 PM
If only my daughters could actually see how dirty and scratched their glasses are. But they can't. Oy!

Jim Becker
04-03-2009, 8:48 PM
I remember when I had lasik done the doc asked me to read the clock on the other side of the room as I was getting off the procedure machine... it was stunning out quickly I could see!

Yes, that was my experience, too...but I suddenly figured out that the clock was clear on the other side of a large room on my own. It was a profound revelation

Stephen Tashiro
04-04-2009, 12:43 PM
One change in vision that is more dramatic than new glasses: Your first cataract operation.

Dar Lounsbury
04-04-2009, 1:21 PM
I need to do the same. Current lens are really bad. Then I will be able to see how dark and wet the weather has been for us.

D

Richard M. Wolfe
04-04-2009, 3:48 PM
I remember telling a girl I used to work with, "Something's wrong. I've got spots in front of my eyes." I took my glasses off and looked at them and then told her, "No wonder......I've got spots in front of my eyes."

Bill Cunningham
04-04-2009, 9:43 PM
I'm scared to get new glasses.. Every time I do, the old fart in the mirror looks older and older with every new pair! :eek: